Ship of Gold- a great read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ketchumid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just a little FYI to my fellow divers; After passing along the book Shadow Divers to a friend I received back a copy of Ship of Gold, by Gary Kinder. Although my friend thought it all about scuba, it does have diving references, but is more about the journey of an extraordinary man, Tommy Thompson, on a quest to raise up the treasure of the sunken SS Central America.

I think a lot of my fellow scuba board members would like this book- cheers-

Read a full review here Book reviews of Ship Of Gold In The Deep Blue Sea by Gary Kinder.

ship_of_gold.jpg

Yea it was on the History Channel.

I, too, read the book and really enjoyed.

Later, I was at a seminar on legal writing and it suddenly dawned on me that the class was being taught by the author, Gary Kinder. He was very nice and an excellent teacher.

Last I heard Tommy Thompson was living in a trailer and still getting sued by just about everyone who ever invested in the project.

There are lots of questions on where all the money went. The gold was bought by a company called Monaco and you will still see adds for the coins.

Read it a few years ago, I was impressed with Tommy Thompson and his problem solving skills. Later found out he became something of a recluse and some of his investors are claiming that they were never paid. I was raelly cheering for the guy until I read this

WHERE ARE YOU, TOMMY THOMPSON?

tommythomp.jpg
Read it a few years ago, I was impressed with Tommy Thompson and his problem solving skills. Later found out he became something of a recluse and some of his investors are claiming that they were never paid. I was raelly cheering for the guy until I read this

WHERE ARE YOU, TOMMY THOMPSON?

We seem to be heroes in parts of our lives, and goats in others. It would be great to get some follow-up and see what has transpired since. Quite a contrast to someone like Jon Charlton who is still out there doing great things and being just a regular guy.
Here are some links related as well-
Ship of Gold buy coins from Wreck
No. 1485: Ship of Gold about Tommy
Press Release - Monaco Financial Fights "Theft" Seizure of S.S. Central America Ingots Law Suit on Coins
Re: confiscated gold bars, at coin show CENTRAL AMERICA ARTIFACTS SIEZED AT LONG BEACH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom