Shipwrecks and other dive sites near the Buffalo / Tonawanda area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wanted to see what you guys consider the best dive sites in the area. I know there are some nice wrecks not far away. The only dive I have done there is the Niagara drift dive. Please list your favorite dive sites with location, depth, and other info if possible.

Thanks,
EAN

not much close to Buffalo -

The Tonawanda is basically a timber pile with a gearbox and a damaged prop (50') and is technically in Canadian waters
Off Crystal Beach in ft. Erie is the Raleigh which is a bunch of gear on a pile of timbers (30').
the hull sticking out of the water east of it is the "Steel Products"
The Richardson is off buffalo, but was dynamited due to being a navagation hazard so there is nothing left of it
There is another tug (Acme?) off Buffalo - don't know what is really left of it
Barge 42 is in Buffalo Harbor on the breakwater

Most of the better stuff is off Dunkirk/Fredonia, but can get deep, and out in open water in between Barcelona and Erie, Pa., and as far as Presque Isle...

A.B. Wilson & Pasaic are the shallow ones, stuff like the Boland, Dean Richmond, Finney, Carlingford, McGrath, Brunswick, Washington-Irving, Niagara, Betty Hedger, Indiana, Martin etc. are deep

Off Pt. Colborne is the Benson - a Canadian National Heritage Site

Thanks for the info.

Sent via Tapatalk from Android 4G.

Lake Erie has a lot of awesome shipwrecks!! The Deeper ones are well worth the extra certifications and gear. The deeper you go the better they get. Check out the website for Osprey Charters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom