Shocked My Mares Nemo - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babukins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After my dive yesterday, I was setting my fins down on the concrete floor when my Nemo fell face first onto the ground. The fall was not far as it was less than knee-length from the ground.

When I picked it up, the screen characters were all screwy and then flashed out. At this point, I can't turn my computer back on.

I've had the computer for less than 6 month, with about 10 dives logged, and never been dropped before. I'm hoping the battery may have been dislodged, but I find it hard to believe that from such a short fall it would be so fragile and would need recalibration.

Please help!

Take the battery out and see if it resets itself.
Just undo the 4 screws in the back and the cover will come off then you can easily drop the battery out. slip it back in and cross your fingers.

Silly question but why did you take it off your wrist ?
I put mine on before I leave home and don't take it off till I get back, at least then I am not going to drop or lose it.

Cheers
Chriso

Babukins:
After my dive yesterday, I was setting my fins down on the concrete floor when my Nemo fell face first onto the ground. The fall was not far as it was less than knee-length from the ground.

When I picked it up, the screen characters were all screwy and then flashed out. At this point, I can't turn my computer back on.

I've had the computer for less than 6 month, with about 10 dives logged, and never been dropped before. I'm hoping the battery may have been dislodged, but I find it hard to believe that from such a short fall it would be so fragile and would need recalibration.

Please help!

It should be looked at by our service tech. The shop you purchased it in should be able to send it in for you. If this is not possible due to location, send me a PM and I will try to help.

Note: Sydney Diver reccomended you open it up and check the battery, he may be correct BUT I would not reccomend for you to do this yourself, if it is not closed properly it may flood and void your warranty. When we close them, we pressure test them to check the seals.

Phil

I have seen this computer being assembled at the Mares factory, the little computer inside it looks like a circuit board and is very delicate. The four TINY screws that hold the back on to the computer are very small and were installed by workers using magnifying lenses and very small, tiny screw divers, almost looked like watchmakers in action. I would not open this computer myself, you should let an authorized serivce tech open it to protect yourself from further damage.

Thanks so much guys -

Phil, I'll PM you. I'm located in NYC too.

Sydney - I washed the computer, that's why I took it off.

Babukins:
Sydney - I washed the computer, that's why I took it off.
Babukins
Thats what a post dive shower is for, washing bodies and wrist mounted computers :shakehead

Hi Phil, sorry didnt mean to upset the Mares applecart, have done 4 battery changes on my Nemo (damn they chew the batteries) didnt see anywhere in the manual where it said pressure test or void warranty :huh:

Cheers
Chriso

Chriso,

Are apples are not bruised. Not pressure testing does not void warranty, but if she is not familiar with how to seal the back properly and the computer floods, she will have ruined her computer. We already spoke and we are checking it for her.

Phil

Sometimes the screen ribbon may come partially uncoupled, if that happens it may show garbage symbols and then not show anything. Had that happen with a calculator once and my laptop when the wife knocked it off the table vacuuming...

Mike

Back
Top Bottom