Shockwave LED -- Glue back on rubber lens cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlyinV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

I have the shockwave LED and the rubber cover/ring that goes around the plastic lens is loose. Whats a good glue for attaching this back to the plastic part?

Attached is a picture just in case you have no idea what I am talking about :)

Attachments

• shockwave_cover.jpg
    shockwave_cover.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 417
I see no one responded. Did you figure this out? I have the same problem. I think a glue that holds both plastic and rubber will be a challenge to find.

I see no one responded. Did you figure this out? I have the same problem. I think a glue that holds both plastic and rubber will be a challenge to find.

I just ran across this forum which is why my reply to the original message is delayed.
If I were using glue to reattach the rubber boot, I would probably use AquaSeal. It is recommended for almost all things scuba that need to be glued. Another glue you could try is "Black Widow" available from Honda Goldwing Parts & Honda Goldwing Accessories - Honda Goldwing Parts & Honda Goldwing Accessories. I used some to attach a new left handgrip on my motorcycle. When you apply it, you have 6 seconds to set the two pieces together. Please note...*6 seconds*....NOT 7 seconds.
The rubber boot came off my lens and I simply used a cable tie around it pulling it as tight as I could. It has been holding for years.

I tried superglue on mine and it didnt work. Im going to get away from Princeton Tec Products after having problems with this light and the big 8 cell floodlight.

3 wraps of duct tape over the bezel and then slam the rubber boot over it.... Done!

Or contact PT and maybe they'll send you a replacement piece that doesn't come apart. Other than that I'd bet on the duct tape over glue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom