Shoe and fin came off when drysuit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought a drysuit and started the course. In the pool during the inversion task my shoe came off with my fin. I know it is because the air went to my feet but I am looking for suggestions on how to keep this from happening again. My suit is not size customized and the foot pockets are significantly larger than my feet. I know I could pay to have the foot pockets redone so they are more my size but what other options are out there? My shoes are a rock boot style, lace up and ankle high. I tightened the laces after the shoe came off but am still concerned. Would taller shoes help? Gaiters? Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
Hello Samantha , how does the drysuit fit you? Typically of stock sizes there is a correlation between boot size and drysuit size so when a boot that is too big for someone generally so is the suit unless you have really small feet for your size. You need to remove and replace with proper sized boots adding multiple layers of socks to fill the boots only adds to sloppy fin fit. Proper diving equipment means ; streamlined and proper fit, familiarity and proper use, properly weighted configuration. Proper technique means precise equalization of wing/suit, breathing control, anticipate buoyancy changes, horizontal trim, balance and stability .Only add enough gas to the suit to offset suit squeeze then use bc for buoyancy and trim, I hope this helps Steven.

Typically of stock sizes there is a correlation between boot size and drysuit size
That's highly country-specific. As a general rule, up here drysuit boots are too small for the suit size unless the suit is tailored for my part of the world. And if e.g. an Italian were to buy a suit up here, it's more than even odds the boots would be too large for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom