http://www.diveheart.org/

Shopping adventures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
S’okay we/SB did it! Well most of it anyway - a very good chunk. Here is how it went:

:D I picked Johnny up from the airport on Saturday and headed straight for the mall. I must admit I was a little frightened at what we might find at the mall. You know those people? The ones with the crazed look in their eye :madnoel: (we have all been there at one time or other).

Before going inside we did a once-over on the list. I must say, it was nice to already have some of the list whittled down. Jbryaniv and Darilyn sent some clothes (already beautifully wrapped) while ShakeyBrainSurgeon sent a couple iPods. :christmas:

So in we went. Time to spend the money everyone had sent. The mall, though busy, was fairly sedate. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits. The people at the stores were super nice. As I am a bit older, and have no young ones anymore, I am not really in tune with what the children like these days. So I just asked the sales people, who were quite young themselves, and they were happy to help with selections. Figured they are selling the stuff so they know what the kids are picking. I am still worried about a certain checkered shoe though. :wink:

Here is a pic of a shirt that was chosen for Kylia:
IMG_341.JPG

After noodling through massses for several hours lazy bones tried to rent one of these: :shakehead
IMG_17.JPG

Admittedly, we were building up quite a few things:
IMG_13.JPG

Just when we were nearing the end of the day we happened by Brookstone. Perhaps this is one of those things where you just had to be there but I am going to share anyway. They have a new gizmo that one is to sit atop and it is supposed to help you tone. Well Johnny and I stood and watched this as person after person sat on it and was jiggled relentlessly. I began taking pictures. However, someone :54: left the flash on and scared the "good ones" away. I did get a few pics, though they aren't the super funny ones, I hope you will get the idea. Just imagine people being jiggled about uncontrollably.

IMG_27.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

So anyway, these two elves:
IMG_181.JPG

appreciate everyone who helped out. Wether in a big way or a small way, together we got soo much accomplished.

Oh and here is a pic of some of the things that we-SB'ers got:

IMG_0012.JPG

Now someone have a look at those checkered shoes! The black shoes are Heelies - very popular with the kids as a skate wheel is on the sole. Both younger children got those. The black with turquoise are a "normal" pair of shoes for Kylia.

The list will be updated as soon as I can get to it. And if anyone would like to see some manatees go here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=55

YEAH Superb job Miss D!!!!!!

How incredibly COOL!

SB makes a difference in all of our lives, but this is so neat to read about. Thanks for sharing this Miss D!

Sweet report!! It was a great time. We got a lot accomplished.:wink: Thank you all for being so generous!

That Brookstone thing was too funny!!!....thanks for not sharing the pic of me riding the mini electric bull.:11doh: :10:

JimLap:
Thank you guys for going. I got a real good feeling now. I thought you were going to wear a Santa hat?

What she said she was going to wear a santa hat!!!!

I think she needs to go back out and take all the pictures again, This time with a Santa hat on :D

He he he you guys have outdone yourselves yet again. The pictures are great!!! You guys make very cute elfs. <wink> This is going to be a great Christmas thanks to everyboby here but especially Tracy for putting this all together. Thank you again.

YEAH HI TDG!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Come visit MOF some time :)

woohooooo Miss - AND EVERYONE... this is FANTASTIC!!!! im so thrilled to be blessed with good health and ok finances to help put some smiles on some faces!!!

the shopping haul is amazing!!! i spy some very EXCELLENT stuff there and i believe there are also some secret santas that are sending direct

*big group hug*

JimLap:
Thank you guys for going. I got a real good feeling now. I thought you were going to wear a Santa hat?

Ummm, ummm, uhhh, oh I um donated it :54: Actually, in the beginning I thought people would have me doing all sorts of weird things to get their donations... guess I skated on that :reindeer:

Is no one noticing those checkered shoes or are they just not as odd as I thought? :ne_nau:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom