Shore dive on St. John

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I have a trip planned with friends that have a timeshare at the Westin on St. John. The operator at the Westin does boat dives only, is there shore diving on the island? I was told it is verboten in Trunk Bay. Also say goodbye to EAN. .

Say it ain't so. . .

I've been on St. John but not to dive.

Unless it's changed, I thought the Westin operator was Cruz Bay Watersports. So that makes another possible option Low Key Watersports. They apparently rent tanks for shore diving there:
Scuba Gear Request Form, Dive Low Key, St John, US Virgin Islands

This may be one option; Scuba Shore Diving Site Page for: Big Maho Bay of St. John, Caribbean

It's a little work but you could take a early morning ferry back over to Red Hook (takes 1/2 hr.) then a cab to Coki Beach (10 min.) and get tanks at Coki Dive. They have a shop there but we got our tanks from their kiosk on the beach. Diving in St Thomas We found the best diving to the right past Coral World.

If you want to make a day of it you could cab/rent a car and drive north to Hull Bay also -
St. Thomas Scuba and Snorkel Adventures | A private tour company.

Those are the only two shore dives I've heard of on St. Thomas. Don't expect much at Coki...

It's all real shallow so EAN seems not needed.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom