Shore dive sites, if you had to...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom_n_tacoma

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
OK, I know that you don't go to Coz to shore dive, however, if you were going to be there and had a couple of novice divers with you that wanted to dive off the beach in addition to the boats, what spots might you recommend? I've stayed at the Barracuda, but actually didn't shore dive there myself. I know this won't be a choice for many of us out there but I'm asking you to stretch a little:wink: Thanks! TC

Stay at Scuba Club Cozumel - unlimited shore diving in front of the hotel.

You are right, shore diving isn't the main draw to Cozumel for divers. But, many divers miss out on a lot of great diving from the shore. There's a lot to see if you slow down and look for the little stuff. On our recent trip, Deborah and I did a two-hour shore dive every day with our cameras. Very easy diving, take a tank and go.

If you really want to do it any hotel near Villablanca flats is a good choice since the best (as such) shore diving these days is in that area all the way to about the area of the Palace or so. Pre Wilma was better, and night might be better than by day, but those areas would be my choice, BUT I haven't ever stayed north of town and maybe it's better from the Coral Priness and north. I read lots of good snorkeling reviews still re the north sector.

Is Scuba Club Cozumel and all-inclusive? I just spent some time on their website and it didn't say one way or the other. How do their room rates compare?

Found it. Sorry to post.

Caribe Blu... It's not what it was before Wilma, but if you must shore dive it's fine. There's some interesting life around the fenced area next door where the captive sting rays live. Free tanks if you dive with the on-site op Blue Angel.

Caribe Blu... It's not what it was before Wilma, but if you must shore dive it's fine. There's some interesting life around the fenced area next door where the captive sting rays live. Free tanks if you dive with the on-site op Blue Angel.

The last time we were at Caribe Blu, we slipped a boat captain twenty bucks to drop the two of us off on Villablanca Wall out in front of La Ceiba on his way back to the Caleta from the hotel. We dropped down to the top of the wall in about 60-70 fsw and drifted back to the hotel. It was a great dive on the cheap.

The last time we were at Caribe Blu, we slipped a boat captain twenty bucks to drop the two of us off on Villablanca Wall out in front of La Ceiba on his way back to the Caleta from the hotel. We dropped down to the top of the wall in about 60-70 fsw and drifted back to the hotel. It was a great dive on the cheap.

What a terrific idea! Must try that sometime...

I've stayed at the Barracuda numerous times and always enjoy the shore dives ,especially at night.At night,you can see squids,cuttle fish,lobsters,octopus,etc in less than 30 ft of water.Great for novice and check out dives.Entry into the water is easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom