Shore diving in the lower 48?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evans:
Beats me, that's why I'm asking, among other things. But we're talking driving around and camping and buying 32% and shore diving. No airplanes, no boats, no DMs, etc.

I like the idea of Fl because of the possibility of diving springs and such as well as ocean diving. I've read that all the diving in the keys is boat diving. True? I do have a shorty 3mm, I guess that wouldn't do it for south california, huh? It's a long drive to Fl from Seattle...

If you want anything good, take a boat. I'm diving with Scuba-Do out of Key Largo during the Labor Day weekend. And your shorty will work well in the ocean.

Unless global warming has changed things drastically, it's not what I'd call warm. Although LaJolla Cove is pretty good if you swim north out of the area where they hold all the classes. Easy entry down some steps and off the beach. Bring a full wetsuit though. You can take a ferry over from Long Beach if you want to try the u/w park in Catalina also.

I think they shoredive in Monterey Bay also.

At least it's on our side of the country,

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom