SHORE DIVING REGULATIONS - GRAND CAYMAN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Cayman Islands Tourism Association (CITA) has a "safe Diving Standards" policy that its members must vow to adhere to. Policy? Yes! Law? No.

The link below seems to describe the standard (but the appendix are not available?). Note that the standard flows over 3 web pages, so you will have to use the links near the bottom to access the second and third page.

Safe Diving Standards | Cayman Diving, Dive Caribbean | Dive Cayman

Nothing in those guideline prohibiting divers with solo cert from conducting such dive. The problem is the those policies and the DS rules were established berfor there were solo certifications.

Again, thank you to all that responded here to my OP.
It's now clearly apparent to me, that it would be contrary to the CITA association's beliefs, to expect or request "solo diving" of any
Type !
It's what it is and I am ok with that ! Craig H.

Nothing in those guideline prohibiting divers with solo cert from conducting such dive. The problem is the those policies and the DS rules were established berfor there were solo certifications.
these policies appear to be somewhat similar in nature to those recently adopted by the Belize peeps. They are all about what a dive operator needs to do when they are providing guided diving services.

They do not apply to or consider dives performed without the direct support of a dive operation. These are rules for the dive ops, not rules for the divers.

They are simply standards that the member operations need to adhere to "when they provide guided dives". They do not apply to or prevent individuals diving on their own without a guide. Diving on your own? You are free to do what you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom