Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are awesome. Thanks. This will give me the places to start conversations with the boys and get them ready to go. Can't tell you how much we appreciate all the information.

See you in April!
Greg

Hey, we are from the Northeast. "A little cool" for us has ice floating in it! Seriously these boys got their cert cards in Winnipesaukee the week before Thanksgiving. Surface temps were 50. ME? I was in my drysuit!!! (my son has since been drysuited as well.)

3 mil okay in April in Bermuda? Friends of ours dive dry everywhere when they cruise. It's easier to pack the drysuit rather than a wet wetsuit.

Best to check the historical water temps for Bermuda at Bermuda Weather Service and determine for yourself what is best. Everyone is different.

But I would say that April is full 5ml water, maybe a full 3 ml with a hood. In Bermuda, the dives are shallow, so you can expect bottom times of 45+ minutes per dive, so by the middle of the second dive, you may start to get colder than you normally might.

I tried to rent tank few years ago for a shore dive and was refused. Apparently in Bermuda you can’t dive without local guide. So if you want shore dive you have to hire a guide as well. Boat dive will be the best option (guide always included). Most sites will have both wreck and reefs, most between 30-45 feet deep. Just mention about depth limit while making reservation, it should be the easiest part to accommodate. And if you want to see close to shore reefs, just snorkel.

Sadly if your not local they do not allow you to rent tanks this is due to coming to the island and then 'stealing' from wrecks around the island, there are a few other reasons but this was a huge problem many years ago and I was on a dive boat with a guy boasting he stole things from a wreck personally almost pushed him off the dive boat. If you befriend some local divers you'll be good to go :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom