Shore entries with full-foot fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've bitten the bullet!
So I went diving yesterday and one guy had the new Scubapro Go Sport fins which are basically identical to the Go Travel fins but designed to be worn with boots. They're very light and compact, I liked them.
I compared the blade with the Seawing Nova (which every dive master seem to have nowadays). They both behave pretty much the same way, bending to 45° when you kick down (good for flutter kick) and maintaining the shape when you kick back (good for frog kicks).
They both have a similar sized blade but the Go Sport is more compact and lightweight.

So I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Go Sport with a pair of Tusa low cut boots. I'll let you know how I like them after a couple of dives.

Cheers
They have become my go to fins.

You can wear a watershoe into the water and then put your fins on a clip the shoes to a d-ring. Then reverse this when you end the dive.

I will say that this is a workable solution only if you are not in heavy surf with a rocky shoreline. In that case you should really consider changing your fins to open heal and using booties with a rugged sole to protect your feet.

-Z

You can wear a watershoe into the water and then put your fins on a clip the shoes to a d-ring. Then reverse this when you end the dive.

I will say that this is a workable solution only if you are not in heavy surf with a rocky shoreline. In that case you should really consider changing your fins to open heal and using booties with a rugged sole to protect your feet.

-Z

I did this just a few weeks ago in Bonaire in order to dive my Mako freediving fins. After three days the sole on my expensive Teva sandals separated. Fortunately I had another pair of heavy duty sandals. It was a bit more time consuming and PITA than I thought it would be screwing around with shoes in the surf and iron shore, but it can be done. Not a problem diving solo, but if diving with a buddy be prepared for them to become somewhat agitated. We typically leave a weighted marker at 20 feet to identify our exit point, so I clipped my shoes to the weight. It eliminates the extra pair of floaty feet, but I’m sure other divers were perplexed by the display.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom