Short notice... going tomorrow...Any list of restaurants for Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're heading to Bonaire tomorrow staying at Divi Flamingo Resort. Anybody have a list of reasonable priced restaurants for Bonaire? Thanks.

If you do any shore dives at Bari reef which is freakin awesome, time your dive so you can have lunch at Between 2 Buns which is right there. You can park your pick up in front and keep an eye on your gear. Huge selection of delicious sandwiches and very reasonably priced. We also discovered a place place right across the street that has awesome Turkish doner and falafel. I forget the name but it’s pretty much directly across the street in the strip mall. These are also a good pitstop on the way to the northern dive sites. As other people mentioned Kite City food truck is really. I had an awesome mahi-mahi burger. Have fun!

If you want to try some "local" food try Konfo.

Donna & Giorgio: good Italian, but is the slooow service worth it?

Yes it is.

A few other places we enjoyed:
Between Two Buns - excellent reasonably priced sandwiches, they even packed some to-go for our wait at the airport.
Capricco (my wife likes italian) - extensive wine selection, good "fancy" food.
BREWERY Bonaire - i thought the Bonaire Blond beer was great - the sample platter I had was really good, my wife wasn't a fan of her burger only because it had tons of stuff she wasn't interest in on it
Cactus Blue food truck - I RARELY get burgers on vacation but this one was so good I went back for a 2nd on another day. of course it's also nice not having to take my wetsuit off to eat lunch.

OOPS - forgot Doner Station Bonaire - excellent Doner meat but I accidentally got a platter rather than in a pita - I have to make a trip back now just to get a pita

OOPS - forgot Doner Station Bonaire - excellent Doner meat but I accidentally got a platter rather than in a pita

I believe this is the place scubaNYC was talking about in the strip mall by the traffic circle. The also have the cargo container by AB car rental.

One thing, they may not bring you the check until you ask for it. Local custom not to rush you so don't take it for bad service.

I believe this is the place scubaNYC was talking about in the strip mall by the traffic circle. The also have the cargo container by AB car rental.

One thing, they may not bring you the check until you ask for it. Local custom not to rush you so don't take it for bad service.

Definitely the same place - i didn't read all the other responses in detail.

Definitely the same place - i didn't read all the other responses in detail.

I just mentioned it that way because NYC didn't remember the name. Did you try the Kip Tukkie truck outside VDT market?

I just mentioned it that way because NYC didn't remember the name. Did you try the Kip Tukkie truck outside VDT market?

Did not. Also did not try Kite City food truck nor a middle eastern place I really wanted to try - Mezze - as I didn't find it until mid week and they're closed wed and thurs (Donna & Giorgio's was already planned for Fri). Yet more reasons my wife and I need to go back.

For OP - Mezze is right up the street from Divi if you're into that type of food.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom