Shorty For Pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rstofer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our pool is about 74F at the moment and in the heat of summer will get up to the mid 80s. I don't have much of a problem in the mid 80s but I want to get some bottom time earlier this year. Like this weekend.

I am thinking about a 3/2mm Edge "Flex Tec" shorty:
Edge Men's "FlexTec" 3/2mm Shortie Wetsuit

Cost isn't much of an issue so I could go for the full 3/2mm one-piece jumpsuit:
Edge Mens Cozumel 3/2mm Jump Suit or
Edge Men's "FlexTec" 3/2mm Jumpsuit

When it gets too warm for the jumpsuit, I can opt to buy the shorty if that seems like the way to go.

I am open to other suggestions.

Richard

I can't justify the cost of a drysuit for Monterey (approx 50 Deg F) so I certainly won't be buying one for the pool.

The problem is simple: I provide the funding for 4 divers. Four drysuits at $2500/ea is a little more than I like diving...

Richard

I think the shorty will be fine in the pool. I hate wetsuits and I really, really hate drysuits but in 50 degree water my sunbelt blood would require a drysuit. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom