Should I go back to traditional reg set-up? (vs. primary donate)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you are planning on staying in isolation for the next 18 months (or however long it takes to develop an effective vaccine) or possibly 6 to 12 months for effective post infection treatments, then you are going to be exposed to Covid 19. Per the CDC and most sources I have read, only ELDELY PERSONS WITH PREEXISTING CONDITIONS or YOUNGER PEOPLE WITH IMMUNOSUPPRESSION OR UNDERLYING SIGNIFICANT HEATH ISSUES need be overly concerned. We are all going to be exposed to Covid XX and most likely hereafter, just as influenza vaccines are rarely taken but by 25% to 35% of the adult population, how many will bother to take the Covid-XX vaccine? We have all had Corona virus infection at what time or another, not Covid 19 of course which is novel, but Corona viruses are one of the common cold viruses. Vaccines are after all a government attempt to control our minds along with Fluorinated water and chem trails!

Silliness aside, you can put your octopus second on a necklace, why not? Just use a fisherman knot for quick release, works fine, no problem.

I think you will be okay.

N

I just think people should be honest with each other, and perhaps some things should be properly labelled so there's no "failure to warn" litigation.

upload_2020-3-18_14-24-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-18_14-22-8.png
    upload_2020-3-18_14-22-8.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 43
  • upload_2020-3-18_14-23-27.png
    upload_2020-3-18_14-23-27.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 41
  • upload_2020-3-18_14-24-30.png
    upload_2020-3-18_14-24-30.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 23
I dive doubles in caverns and soon caves and I like brightly colored reg/hose on breakaway connection to right chest D-ring better than a long hose primary donate. I like primary on short hose with necklace.

Didn't read the whole thing so this might have been said already...might also be deemed inappropriate.

If I am OOA I will take a reg you pulled out of your "backside" and thank you later for the opportunity.

If I am OOA I will take a reg you pulled out of your "backside" and thank you later for the opportunity.

The definitive quote:

Frankly, I'd suck a fart out of a donkey's ass if that's what it took to make it to the surface alive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I’d say dive solo, but almost every actual OOA, after the widespread use of the SPG, in which I have been involved, I was solo and an OOA diver appeared.

Bob

If I were out of air I wouldn't care where you pulled the regulator from to give me.

To your question: I don't want to give up my primary. I'll GLADLY give you my octopus (yellow so you can see it easily). The other diver is already at risk of drowning. Why give up my definitive (in my mouth) air supply to risk not getting my octopus and now I'm at risk of drowning too?? Kind of like oxygen masks in an aircraft: put YOURS on before putting someone else's on them.

unless you get mugged by a stranger, wouldn’t you be worried of sitting next to your buddy for hours before the dive, during interval and after the dive ?

I don’t know the exact proba but unless you are doing skills, you may be more at risk sitting next to your buddy than getting the virus through giving your reg as OOA is not a very high probability event ?

Didn't read the whole thing so this might have been said already...might also be deemed inappropriate.

Your comment may not be deemed "inappropriate" but rather, not relevant. As I said earlier

And please for the love of all the scuba diving gods, please please, pretty please people, stop bringing up the scenario of "If Im OOA, Im taking any reg offered, its better to be alive" Thank you for re-stating the obvious. Its still not relevant to MY QUESTION and really doesnt add anything to this discussion.

unless you get mugged by a stranger, wouldn’t you be worried of sitting next to your buddy for hours before the dive, during interval and after the dive ?

I don’t know the exact proba but unless you are doing skills, you may be more at risk sitting next to your buddy than getting the virus through giving your reg as OOA is not a very high probability event ?

I WONT BE SITTING NEXT to my buddy for hours or seconds, because I am heeding health experts' suggestions, and social distancing. I urge everyone else to do so too. I sometimes care for my 90 year old Mom, I want to minimize the risk that I bring back the Rona to her.

Luckily, I shore dive, so there is no reason to get closer than 6 feet to my buddy -- until I am protected (hopefully - most likely) by an nice virus-killing envelope of sea water. Gear up 6 feet apart, walk in 6 feet apart, walk out 6 feet apart, wave goodbye.

Honestly, unless you're crammed on a boat, there's no reason you cant dive and still practice social distancing.

Let's be honest here... The real safety threat in this scenario is getting in a car accident on the way to the dive site.

Back
Top Bottom