Should I talk my wife into letting me bring my gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hroark2112

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So my wife is from the Athol/Orange area and they have an annual family gathering around July 4th. I'd love to bring the rebreather up and get it in the water in the Northeast. Is it worth it to bring the gear?? Would I be looking at wreck dives off boats or is it mostly shore diving in the area?

Thanks in advance!!

where in the NE? How long will you be staying? Mostly boat diving in the ocean

OK, if you have to actually talk your wife into this, you need a new wife. Get your priorities straight man. Diving always comes first.

I was mostly joking about the title...she's totally great with my diving (she's not even looking over my shoulder as I type this!). I was able to do a trip to Bonaire without her in May, so a day of diving in Mass would be no problem. She's been pretty awesome about the rebreather, except for the solo dives. The midnight solo dive on Bonaire didn't go over well, but forgiveness is easier to get than permission!!

We'll be staying in Central Mass, so I'd be trying to get away relatively close.

Cape Ann Glouster Rockport MA is where I dive when up there - may want to post in New England board for re breathers - I am oc when I dive.

I'd recommend going out to Cape Ann. Both the Gauntlet (northernatlanticdive.com) and the Daybreaker (divedaybreaker.com) are very rebreather friendly (both owned/operated by rebreather instructors) . If they are booked, Cape Ann Divers (capeanndivers.com) is another great shop/charter and if you want to drive down to Boston, Boston Scuba is great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can scallop dive on the daybreaker too I think. Bring back 10lbs of nice treats for the family :)

Not worth bringing a breather if you are shore diving from Cape Ann. Far easier to sling on a 80, or two and have less prep. and cleanup at the end of the day. As previously mentioned - the tech boats are good for extended bottom time and less deco. which is where the RB makes for much happier diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom