Should my Poseidon be making this noise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just received a Cyklon 300 rig (bought here) and, while I can't find any leaks, I hear air flow near/through the first stage while inhaling. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Mike

No it's not!
Take it to a certified Poseidon repair tech before you dive with it.
I own Cyclon 300's; Jetstream's; and Extreme's from Poseidon.

Dear Mike

As "h2odragon1" has stated, you need to let a Poseidon Service Center have a look at that Cyklon 300 before you dive with it, just to make sure it's working the way it is supposed to.

Best regards

Jörgen Nilsson
Quality Manager - Poseidon Diving Systems AB
Sweden

Jörgen,

Does Poseidon have any plans to provide service in the 'Northeast' sector? I'm encouraged by the 'lifetime warranty' program following servicing, but discouraged that I cannot get this regulator serviced anywhere in my 'sector'.

BTW, I've confirmed this regulator was serviced in March of this year. I realize the risk of utilizing a used regulator without a service call, which I'm mitigating by utilizing doubles with my daily regulator in a confined environment. My question was whether I should be able to hear the 'takedown' in the first stage while on shore. I will 'ship' the regulator to a distant service center shortly.

I look forward to your response,

Mike

Hey Mike!

Well, the regulator (1st stage) will make some noices, but it shouldn't be "worse" then any other brand.

I recommend that you contact our Distributor in nortehrn US, to get information as to where you can get your regulator looked at:

American Divers Division
Canadian Divers,Ltd.
P.O. Box 126
13607-0126 Alexandria Bay, New York
USA

Contact person: Jack L. Bohmrich
Alt. contact person: Peter M. Tingren
E-mail: poseidoncanada@1000island.net
Phone: (613) 659-4585
Fax: (613) 659-4586

Any idea how long it should take him to respond to my email?

does it sound like a whistle. Thats normal for a brand new Poseidon reg, that will go away after a couple uses!
But the others are right, service a new reg always before using! It need's adjustment!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom