Should there be a Solo Diving discussion section on this forum?

Should there be a Solo Diving discussion section on this board?

• Yes

Votes: 125 81.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 18.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a UK diver and treat every dive as a solo dive, even if with a buddy, and often do do solo dives. My regular buddy and I often split up and do our own thing even if we start the dive together.

Given the conditions in the English Channel, where I dive, it is not the easiest place to go diving and I consider the requirements of being a solo diver essential whether I am with a buddy or not. After all, the only person I can guarantee that will be there with me is me.

Anyway, more power to our collective single elbows. By the way "more power to your elbow" is a UK saying meaning, in this case, don't let the anti solo divers get you down (just in case it doesn't translate across the Pond too well).

Good to see a "solo forum" even if there is a limited amount that can be added to what we all know (or should do!).

Although not really anything to do with solo diving, I think of you guys in the US as diving in lovely clear warm waters. Would someone please dispel that idea so I don't feel so bad about the conditions I have to face. :)

[EDIT]Sorry about the "smilie" at the beginning - I don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it.

hey finless,I'd sell my sister to have nice warm conditions when I'm changing out of my wetsuit in the middle of a january snow storm up here in the north! that said, the fewer numbers of divers at the site, and the diversity of sea life around the British coasts will keep me diving all year round!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom