Suggestion Should we have a politics subforum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
H2Andy

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
many users (myself included) would like to discuss politics on our favorite board (i.e. ScubaBoard)

management feels, with reason, that politics may be too divisive and cause more grief than it is worth.

let's compromise. i propose the following:

1. a probationary Politics Subforum will be created. At any time management feels the forum is "more trouble than it's worth" it has the right to close it.

2. membership will be a privilege. you will opt in, and if you abuse the privilege, you will lose the ability to post. this way, we will weed out bad posters until only civil discourse remains.

3. TOS will be enforced by Mods as elsewhere on the board, with the exception that politics will be allowed. any personal attack, mean language, or any other violation of the TOS will result in your loss of posting privileges. at management discretion, your loss of posting privileges will be temporary or permanent. i suggest three temporary loss of posting privileges for the first three infractions. on the fourth infraction, you will lose your right to post on the forum.

4. the members themselves must police the forum to keep management's work load to a minimum. the members must stop those who break TOS and must refrain from responding in kind. it's our job to keep the forum open and earn management's trust.

what do you all think?

Just in case the MODS didn't have enough to do

wedivebc:
Just in case the MODS didn't have enough to do

there is something to be said for containing the problem

:wink:

How about if only supporting members were allowed access? :popcorn:

You realize that this would condemn some poor moderator to reading political threads every day? Yeuuch.

let's do it

or should I say .... let's get 'er done

TSandM:
You realize that this would condemn some poor moderator to reading political threads every day? Yeuuch.

nah!

rely on members's "Report" button

if members don't complain, you don't have to do anything

or, you can just patrol the forum like any other forum... if you're not into it, you don't have to read it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom