Shoulder entry drysuit and backplate question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting a new drysuit and, as money is somewhat of an issue, I was steering towards the TLS 350 SE, wich is very much in my price range.
My question is this: Would the backplate cause a problem with the zipper being where it is, or just be uncomfortable on the surface? Do any of you have experiences with shoulder entry suits and backplates?
I just do single tank rec dives now, and will eventually be going on to bigger things in the future, but not for a few years.
Thanks,
Robert

Short answer: no.

I think the majority of the people here using backplates do it with shoulder-entry drysuits, myself included. It's a non-issue.. shoulder entry is in fact better than back entry in terms of usage with backplates.

Actually I think in this case shoulder entry and back entry are referring to the same thing... zipper across the back of the shoulders, right?

Yeah, shoulder entry=back entry. Probably still a non-issue, still, I would like to hear from anyone with experience with this type of drysuit and backplate.
Thanks

Is it the TLS350SE, or the self donning standard TLS350?
JacobsonC2:
i have a TLS 350 and dive with a bp & w. the zipper doesn't bother me at all. works good and a great dry suit.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom