Show Your Support for this Thread!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Tours N Iraq`

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For all of us who petitioned to get this club activated, let us now show our thanks by posting new threads and replies to them. In this thread, please tell us a little about yourself and what having a military club means to you.

For me, I am thankful for the network provided to military members. As I am deployed to Iraq and in the first stages of going through a divorce, having people I can talk with and let me know their situations, and possibly similar experiences, gives me a wealth of knowledge not available elsewhere. I look forward to getting certified as soon as I get home and so no matter where I may find myself, I will always have a resource to locate a new dive buddy if need be. Thanks again for your help and support.

I'm thankful that this new club will let us military members from around the world get to know eachother. If we should find ourselves in a new country, we at least have a resource to start for some good diving.

I am so greatful that this has become a reality, granted we are a family in a sense that other's will not understand or comprehend (it's a military thing, if your wondering PM one of us and we will explain). 2Tours, awesome, if you need someone to talk to about your divorce PM me, just went through one 2 years ago. Let me know where your home station is, if you need a dive buddy for your OW let me know, I will get there. As for now, keep your head down (that includes your third point of contact, if injured would preclude you of sitting for awhile), aim true (remember BRAS) take care of your fellow soldiers.

Hey yawl! Congrats on the forum! Fill it up with lots of good stuff.. I'm adding it to my CP as a forum to lurk and post in.

2Tours - Keep your head down, ya heah! I'm sorry can't offer much more than moral support regarding the divorce... I can, however, offer to be a dive buddy once your back stateside after your tour! :D

Hey Bulla will be in your AO in May, going to stop by Casa De Marvel, maybe we can finally meet.

I second that motion...........

I'm a little isolated from y'all as I'm north of the 49th parallel, but then again, what I've seen is that cameraderie between military personnel has no parallel in civvie land. In civvie land if you see someone walking around on your lawn or driveway you tend to call the cops. On base if someone's walking around on your lawn or driveway it's probably your neighbor mowing or shovelling.... :D

For me, it means that if I were to find myself somewhere more interesting there's already a smattering of divers with whom I have that, if nothing else, in common. That's the thing. That common ground, gives the FNG an instant starting point. I'd rather dive with a diver that I share something with than someone I've never heard of.

DMP:
Hey Bulla will be in your AO in May, going to stop by Casa De Marvel, maybe we can finally meet.

Give me dates to stick on the calendar and I'll make it a point to bring the family over for a visit that weekend. We usually stay with Jenny over there as she's really close to the dive action. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom