For Sale SI Tech Antares Oval Dryglove System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive2617

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Used for about 10 dives and decided to go in another direction. $60 shipped with paypal fees included. Comes with box and everything it had original including an extra set of rings for the drysuit as well as mine came with them already on it for some reason.

Forgot to add pics!

Attachments

• IMG_8783.jpg
    IMG_8783.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8795.jpg
    IMG_8795.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8796.jpg
    IMG_8796.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 126
Used for about 10 dives and decided to go in another direction. $60 shipped with paypal fees included. Comes with box and everything it had original including an extra set of rings for the drysuit as well as mine came with them already on it for some reason.

I'll take it

There was a running change made to the design of the hard oval ring of the QCS oval wrist cuff system to allow the tabs of the Antares glove system to attach. The full retail version of the Antares system came/comes with the updated hard oval rings.

The QCS oval cuff system is made up of three primary parts:
1. a semi-soft PU ring that is glued (and sometimes sewn as well) into the cuff of the drysuit.

2. A rigid oval ring that is used to retain/sandwich the wrist seal with the PU ring and form the oval shape of the cuff system. This was later modified to accept the Antares dryglove system.

3. A wrist seal...this is usually silicone but the system allows for the installation of latex as well.

If your suit came with the QCS oval cuff system pre-installed or you had it installed as an aftermarket option then it would have come with a set of the rigid oval rings as part of the system.

There was an OEM version of the Antares system that drysuit manufacturers and shops could purchase that came with the PU ring, the rigid ovals, the wrist seals, and the Antares glove and spanner rings....the difference is that this package would only have one set of rigid oval rings.

-Z

There was a running change made to the design of the hard oval ring of the QCS oval wrist cuff system to allow the tabs of the Antares glove system to attach. The full retail version of the Antares system came/comes with the updated hard oval rings.

The QCS oval cuff system is made up of three primary parts:
1. a semi-soft PU ring that is glued (and sometimes sewn as well) into the cuff of the drysuit.

2. A rigid oval ring that is used to retain/sandwich the wrist seal with the PU ring and form the oval shape of the cuff system. This was later modified to accept the Antares dryglove system.

3. A wrist seal...this is usually silicone but the system allows for the installation of latex as well.

If your suit came with the QCS oval cuff system pre-installed or you had it installed as an aftermarket option then it would have come with a set of the rigid oval rings as part of the system.

There was an OEM version of the Antares system that drysuit manufacturers and shops could purchase that came with the PU ring, the rigid ovals, the wrist seals, and the Antares glove and spanner rings....the difference is that this package would only have one set of rigid oval rings.

-Z
Don't really understand your comment. I bought the full retail antares system, had the drysuit manufacturer add oval rings before I bought the system. Expected to have to change the oval rings out for the ones that came with the antares system. The oval rings that held the seal in place were compatible with the dry glove system as it turns out since they had the notches to click in the dry glove rings. So there is an extra set of rigid oval rings to hold the seals in in this package on top of the full retail package. Either way it is sold!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom