Si Tech Wrist Mount System - Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm purchasing the Si Tech Permanent Wrist System.

-- There's an Oval system, which is supposed to give more accessibility, but will not allow the mount of the glove-lock system. It will allow the addition of a pull-over dryglove, though.

-- and there is a Round system, to which you may add the glove-lock system. Or you may use the pull-over dryglove.

Question - what are the pros and cons of each? I do not think I will dive waters cold enough to need a glove-lock system . . . I freeze in anything below 70*F.

Which would you choose, and why?

I just had the si tech permanent wrist system installed on my drysuit. I have 7 dives on them so far. I have the glove lock system with blue gloves installed. I have yet to have a sucessful dive with the blue gloves (tried 3 times) and 4 dives with "marigold" gloves pulled on (held on by friction).

First dive: - smurf glove.. forgot equalization tubes, end up with marshmallow hands, hands were dry
Second dive: - smurf glove....remembered tubes...left hand was dry...right hand damp....end of dive during safety stop the left glove came right out of the ring. brrr

Last weekend: I used a pair of thin fleece liners with the fleece under the latex seal for equalization...
Third dive: - smurf glove...NEW smurf gloves, left hand dry... right hand wet right away, so I subbed with a marigold (one blue one white..nice)
Fourth: - marigolds... left hand dry... right hand TORE! had "redundant" wetglove in thigh pocket.
Fifth, 6th & 7th : - new set of marigolds...both hands dry

I have concluded the tubes the system came with it are not enough for equalization, and the thin fleece under the latex works well BUT..you have to be able to function with those thin gloves on once your hands are in before you put the final dry glove on. The blue gloves ARE warmer than the marigolds, and I tried several different second layer liner gloves, and my hands were in no way warmer than 5mm wetgloves. I want the blue gloves to work, stay dry, stay ON Darn it! I need to get some better liner gloves too. Water temp was 45F.

I am going to try the newer blue gloves with the green rings in the cuff rings next. And dive with redundant wetgloves. Dumb.

Jax, why do you even bother with dry gloves in water above 70*F ?

Put a latex seal in the Si-tech cuffs, wear a thin wet glove, and be done with it. If you want to brave cold waters you can still use a pull-over glove with separate thinsulate inner glove and keep the wrist seal as a backup. I have done both on my Andy trilam suit with the Si-tech cuffs.

My DUI cf200 suit just got the Viking bayonets (made by Si-tech) that can also accommodate a redundant wrist seal. The dry gloves go on and come off easily and have a positive, bulletproof, and waterproof lock. I may use the wrist seal only when messing with lobsters.

PS: What do you plan on wearing for the Fundies? I am worried about getting a heat stroke in my drysuit; just got used to 36*F water this time of year.

Jax, why do you even bother with dry gloves in water above 70*F ?

Put a latex seal in the Si-tech cuffs, wear a thin wet glove, and be done with it.

If you want to brave cold waters you can still use a pull-over glove with separate thinsulate inner glove and keep the wrist seal as a backup.

I have done both on my Andy trilam suit with the Si-tech cuffs.

My DUI cf200 suit just got the Viking bayonets (made by Si-tech) that can also accommodate a redundant wrist seal. The dry gloves go on and come off easily and have a positive, bulletproof, and waterproof lock. I may use the wrist seal only when messing with lobsters.

Round or oval? :)

Round or oval? :)

Round. Andy went out of business before the oval rings came out.

I assume that the oval rings have the same circumference (to fit the standard suit sleeve) and are made for folks with coal-shovel hands. If that's the case you may not need them :D

PS: What do you plan on wearing for the Fundies? I am worried about getting a heat stroke in my drysuit; just got used to 36*F water this time of year

Round. Andy went out of business before the oval rings came out.

I assume that the oval rings have the same circumference (to fit the standard suit sleeve) and are made for folks with coal-shovel hands. If that's the case you may not need them :D

PS: What do you plan on wearing for the Fundies? I am worried about getting a heat stroke in my drysuit; just got used to 36*F water this time of year

I am quite happy in 86F water in my Fusion with my Xerotherms, thank you. :giggle:

:bump:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom