• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Side mount gave me tennis elbow...what now?

Discussion in 'Sidemount Diving' started by Bigeclipse, Apr 9, 2019.

1. rjack321

rjack321 Captain

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I do long walks on rough trails to access some caves. Long = up to 1km or more

hp100s fit into backpacks fairly easily. If you don't have dedicated Sherpas you'll need to make two trips. For your scenario I would carry down each tank in a trip in my street clothes. Then a third trip for mask, fins, lead and possibly BC depending on the distance/temp. The suit up at the car in my drysuit and walk to the site. If its really hot out I would make a trip to drop off my drysuit at the water's edge then the last trip down with my BC. Potentially as many as 4 trips if I don't have anyone but myself to help.

shoredivr likes this.
  2. Bigeclipse

Bigeclipse Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Thanks. I will have to look into this.

3. rddvet

rddvet DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I partially tore a biceps tendon trying to lift a set of PST 104s into the back of the truck. They were awkward and started to slip and it hurt immediately. Months of rehab and 6 months for it to not hurt. Weird stuff happens

I actually used to get alot of minor little irritations from doing new things with heavy stuff eventhough I wasn't in horrible shape. I ended up starting crossfit and almost all of those things have disappeared. I think the fact that it mimics alot of the functional things we do has made my muscles and tendons less unhappy when they have to do something new and heavy.

racanichou likes this.
  4. Beyond_Diving

Beyond_Diving Dive Shop

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I had a partial bicep tear from taking a tank from the bed of my truck down during a cave course. Being an active and full time cave/sm/tech instructor, obviously I didn't follow what the Dr. said (take it easy, rest it for several weeks, etc), but did do my physio, and the pain mostly went away (though I am sure it would have been faster and more complete recovery should I had followed the Dr.'s instructions)... still hurts when I do certain movements, but it isn't debilitating and got I would say 95% of my strength back, however, now instead of walking with 2 tanks at once, I take them one at a time..

5. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    30 years of being a mechanic/service manager and I am racked with all sorts of pains. Tennis elbow, rotator cuff, bad kness and the list goes on. Not diving is not an option, so I built this:

full?d=1393623361.jpg

Skulmoski, melanie., Miyaru and 3 others like this.
  6. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

7. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
  8. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Here it is, all loaded up and heading to the Eye at Ginnie Springs. It is carrying 2 LP120s (aka water heaters), AL40 O2 Deco bottle,diving helmet with backup lights, and behind it all, fins and mask. I've got my Nomad with my primary light on. The tall wheels make it quite stable and easy to pull even over roots and up steps!

full?d=1455882157.jpg

9. Norwegian Cave Diver

Norwegian Cave Diver Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
  10. Bigeclipse

Bigeclipse Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    that thing is awesome! Thanks for the idea!

The Chairman likes this.