Sidemount configuration for rebreather divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just to let you know that you can find an article about the Sidemount configuration for rebreather divers on my website at:
www.cedricverdier.com/articles.html

I found a sidemount kit to be very convenient for any type of rebreathers, especially for over-the-shoulder counterlung CCRs (Inspiration, Evolution, Megalodon). Don't hesitate to share your experience if you use this kind of kit.

Cheers

Tmccar1:
Wait so this would be putting your 02 and diluent supplies on your sides like stage bottles?

No, onboard cylinders stay just the same. Sidemounting bailouts means it's easy to chop and change dependant on depth/duration of a dive. Bottom gas bailout on the left, 50% on the right - both with a whip so they can be plugged in if required. Backmounting a 'spare' small O2 cylinder in addition for deeper dives.

F

Cedric,
Very nice article. I'm having issues with my Inspiration mounted bailout cylinders, I'm just not limber enough when all geared up to attach them myself. i've been considering the side mount for a while now as side mounting sounds like a reasonable option. Thanks for publishing your findings. Suggestion: A set of photo's showing the differences in the water (multi views) might have been a nice touch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom