Sidemount rig suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello :)
I recently got Sidemount certified and want to look into getting a set up I’m stuck between the Apex wsx45 and the dive rite nomad ls . I want something versatile where I can dive in cold water with a dry suit and if I ever wanted to travel or get into cave diving i could grow in to it . Tank wise I was thinking of neutrally buoyant Al 80s . Open to any suggestions .

Hello, this is something I was Just thinking about. And I was eyeing the dive rite transpac or the nomad.

It seems like the transpac can do back mount or side mount unless I misunderstood their site. I haven't looked at the Apex yet.

If it’s only between those two I’d go with the Apeks, mainly as I’m more familiar with it and it’s a decent rig. It will be pretty big for a warm water rig though, do you really need that much lift? Even in cold water?

yes from what i read the transpac is a back/side-mount rig I did see some negative reviews on it though . Something about it being bulky and the air circulating to much up by the neck and shoulders.

If it’s only between those two I’d go with the Apeks, mainly as I’m more familiar with it and it’s a decent rig. It will be pretty big for a warm water rig though, do you really need that much lift? Even in cold water?

Good catch, I didn't think the 45 in the model number correlated to the pounds of lift. I just went to check it out. 45 pounds seems like a lot of lift.

I have been very happy with my xdeep rig.

Had a few X-Deep rigs, didn’t like them for different reasons.

I’m using a stripped down Nomad LT (continuous harness, no chest strap) in warm and cold water (OW/Cave with stages/deco/CCR) with drysuit without issues.

_R

Back
Top Bottom