SideMount Setup Fine Tuning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*click*

Oh, he has an actual online course...for SM...for students to take....all online??

I kinda just thought it was a bunch of vids...I did not think it was an actual certification course...huh, I will check that out, Thanks FreeFlyFreak!

*click*

Oh, he has an actual online course...for SM...for students to take....all online??

I kinda just thought it was a bunch of vids...I did not think it was an actual certification course...huh, I will check that out, Thanks FreeFlyFreak!

No cert from the vids alone.
But the vids have literally everything you need.
I signed up, and I don't even dive sidemount.....
Yet :-D

If you find his YouTube channel you can watch some for free. Also he has some free stuff on his site.

Thanks!! I, may look him up :)

I did work with a SM instructor via the interwebs...from that area...and they were awesome...but, you can only go so far, and they got busy lately...been hard to fine tune :)

So switch the tanks on the ground like you have them in the picture, stand between them, and take a picture looking down at them.
The cylinder with the manifold valve should be on your right, handle pointed outward, air out facing toward you, ie reg.

start with that picture and post it, and we can go from there, we'll get you straight, no worries, but you do need the opposite manifold valve on the other cylinder as well.

Take a sidemount course. It's cheap money compared to the frustration most people deal with trying to get their stuff sorted. It's not always intuitive, and you need proper feedback based on how you look in the water.

I agree with this, but with one caveat. There are not a lot of choice for sidemount instructors in the Seattle area. There's one who can teach on Xdeep, but nothing else. Razor in Vancouver BC. John Nunes is the guy I'd recommend up there and not just for the Razor. He helped me adjust my Halcyon Contour nicely when I had it and I took sidemount from him (the only good rec course I've taken only beat out by fundies). For the most thorough course that would be worth the travel/course expense/time requires travel.

So switch the tanks on the ground like you have them in the picture, stand between them, and take a picture looking down at them.
The cylinder with the manifold valve should be on your right, handle pointed outward, air out facing toward you, ie reg.

start with that picture and post it, and we can go from there, we'll get you straight, no worries, but you do need the opposite manifold valve on the other cylinder as well.

Awesome, I will do so...I swapped in some valves I had that are a bit longer...maybe not full manifold style, but longer for sure. This was on the those right hand valves [I have two sets of identical AL80s for SM]....

I get them back from the shop tomorrow and will certainly do this. Do you want me to put the regs on as well for the pics?

That is, what do you want the tanks to....wear...in the pics? :p

Kosta, who teaches on Xdeep in Seattle? I'm still trying to hook up with a few SM folks in the area...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom