Sidemount Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But he just got a lot of hurricane damage, so it might take a while.

Just asked him a couple days ago. He's teaching now and the rental house should be available in about a week.

Sidemount is a very personal thing. It was originally designed to be mission specific and now many cave divers dive it all the time. I never took a SM course. I read a lot and bought a rig. From there I made tweaks dive after dive. My configuration is forever changing and I try new things all the time but no one knows my rig like I do. I have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on things I don't use anymore. Some being upgrades and some being well needed changes because some gear choices just didn't work for me.

If you want the cheaper fastrack that will get you ahead of the curve then seek out an instructor. If you have time and money (a lot of money) then take it slow and build the rig you want.

I can say the Edd at cave adventures is highly respected and is known for turning out great SM divers

Back
Top Bottom