sig test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minnesota01r6

Contributor
Reaction score
this is a sig test

yeah, I am getting a little annoyed at the "what's the best mask" and "where is the best place to dive in the world" threads. Not to mention all the threads about specific locations posted in the basic scuba discussions forum.

minnesota01r6:
yeah, I am getting a little annoyed at the "what's the best mask" and "where is the best place to dive in the world" threads. Not to mention all the threads about specific locations posted in the basic scuba discussions forum.
Yeah, it happens all the time. And not much can be done about it other than to politely suggest "Try our Search feature/that forum? :D"

As far as a Sig test: As soon as you save one, it goes on all the posts you have ever made. :wink:

DandyDon:
As far as a Sig test: As soon as you save one, it goes on all the posts you have ever made. :wink:
only on that post and future posts until you change it. It doesn't affect earlier posts. Not like an avatar where it is always your current one.

Damselfish:
only on that post and future posts until you change it. It doesn't affect earlier posts. Not like an avatar where it is always your current one.
I just put "sig test" into my Sig, and it showed up on the post I made earlier above, as well as a post I made May 8. I think I'm right this time. :11:

Damselfish:
That is not an accurate statement. It won't affect those posts which have made it into the archives, but it will affect all other posts. :D

NetDoc:
That is not an accurate statement. It won't affect those posts which have made it into the archives, but it will affect all other posts. :D
Ah, the archives...!

Thanks for the clarification. :thumb:

Actually, the reason I did the sig test was because it didn't show up in my reply to someone asking about aruba in the basic scuba discussions forum.

I think if you have NO signature, it only shows up in following posts, but modifications to your sig show up in previous posts - see this post (I have no sig and it's from today)

minnesota01r6:
Actually, the reason I did the sig test was because it didn't show up in my reply to someone asking about aruba in the basic scuba discussions forum.

I think if you have NO signature, it only shows up in following posts, but modifications to your sig show up in previous posts - see this post (I have no sig and it's from today)
Very Interesting. I'd suspect a previous setting that was changed - previously not showing a Sig. Another exception possible..

And on some posts, I will select "Dont show Sig"

Back
Top Bottom