Sigma 17-70 macro port and zoom gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giulian

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to ascertain the suitable ports, extensions and in particular the focus/zoom gear for this lens. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rob

HI Rob-
The 17-70 is not a supported lens, which means that it hasn't been tested for port compatiblity and there is no zoom gear available. You can reference the SLR system charts HERE and look for currently supported lenses. Or possibly, a retailer or owner has experimented with this lens and can offer some additional advice.

Hi,

I am trying to ascertain the suitable ports, extensions and in particular the focus/zoom gear for this lens. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rob

Hi Rob!

Here's a thread with interesting informations for you:
scubaboard.com/forums/sea-sea/243998-zoom-gear-sigma-17-70-macro-mdx300-housing.html

Best wishes from the wonderful Austria,

Harald

Hi Rob,
I also ordered the Zoom-Gear as Harald mentioned - it fits with some tape...
It also fits for the 10-17 so maybe this is an option for the future.
For Ports there are different recommendations - I settled for the Optical Dome + SX- & 40-Extensions.
It looks promising - I will see in May.
There's a thread for the ports at wetpixel!
I went with the Dome because I also want to use a wide-angel lens (Nikon 12-24 for the beginning).
Greetings
Tom

Hi Harald,
Hi Tom,

Thanks for comments and tips and associated links to other sources. It appears I will be able to use the zoom gear for the tokina 10-17mm (with some padding) and the Optical Dome + SX- & 40-Extensions.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom