Sigma vs. Sigma II???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was looking at purchasing a Sigma (BCJ-3200). It looks like a good BC for the price and the reviews seem by and large very positive. But then I came across the Sigma II (BC-0101). Is it brand new? I ask because I can't really find any reviews on it. What are the differences between these two BC's? Pros and cons of buying either over the other?

Thanks!

Hi Robert!
The Liberator Sigma II (BC-0101) is the new replacement for the Liberator Sigma (BCJ-3200). The Liberator Sigma II has some improved/updated features: Updated Back-pad, shoulder padding, larger pockets, and sternum strap has a safety whistle. They are both great BC's, buying either one is a great choice!

Are the any features of the Sigma that the Sigma II doesn't have? Or is the Sigma II everything the Sigma is, plus the features you listed above? Thanks for your help!

I've got a Sigma, and very pleased with it. as a novice diver it does everything I need, the pockets are plenty big enough, and seems very durable and well built. A few instructors / DMs have said that it seems like a really good solid entry level BC. You're not going to mistake it for a lightweight travel one, but with care I expect it to be around for a good long time.

I do like that it has 2 trim pockets, used those during a PPB class to get things dialed in.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom