Signal for "OK"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe that sign is considered offensive to dolphins by displaying your prehensile thumb you are indicating that we are a more advanced species even though they are smarter than us. Look it up...

I believe that sign is considered offensive to dolphins by displaying your prehensile thumb you are indicating that we are a more advanced species even though they are smarter than us. Look it up...
How about the big two handed above the head OK?

How about the big two handed above the head OK?
Also offensive to dolphins unless you actually let them jump through the resulting loop. They love that.

8FBF36A7-E7E4-4E05-B320-160AAB4CE6D8.jpeg

Nothing just like in ASL the letter "T" can be very offensive hand gesture to other cultures. It was never intended to be it was just a coincidence.

View attachment 644573
I thought that was the sign for bathroom, or "I've got to go to the bathroom." My brother has downs and that's what he uses for that purpose.

If one is stupid enough to be offended by an "ok" hand signal then they should just buy a can light and use a single circle signal, which means the same thing.

And the one I have taught most students, not all, know your audience [student] , is the OK signal with the other index finger hanging from the O, the signal is: " Hang in there A... hole".
I started that years ago and still in use, I have plenty more, and past students greet me with one or more of these above or below the water, always have a laugh. :callme:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom