Signed up for dive master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetwillie2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am really excited about my new venture into SDI, but I am not much of a mathmetician. Should I be memorizing the gas calculations or will I have them for reference later? such as calculating bouyancy and temperature and volume/pressure. I am not a dummy by any means, but my daughter had to give me a quick lesson to make the math "click" in my head. so any words of wisdom out there thanks

Glad to hear you are interested in furthering your diving experiences by taking the SDI Divemaster training. I think you will find it challenging yet satisfying. There will be a lot of new information you will be exposed to; as well as new skills and knowledge you will gain by the time you complete the course. You will not need to commit the formulas to memory as there is a formula sheet you will be able to use during your training and especially during your exams.
Good luck with this new adventure.

Congratulations! I find the GUE materials much easier to understand as far as gas calculations than PADI. They have some PDF worksheets and appendixes that I've downloaded, along with their books, which can explain gas calculations in a couple of pages, in an easily understood format, that I simply wasn't getting from the PADI encyclopedia.
you might try this, especially if you find the PADI material dry and difficult to read.

Congrats! I finished my divemaster course last August and finished my Instructor course June 7th, 2012. Like Dennis said you should have a sheet with all the formulas on it. Just plug the numbers into the appropriate spot and you'll get your answer. Or at least I hope you do! Again Congrats and good luck! SDI is great!!

Congratulations! I find the GUE materials much easier to understand as far as gas calculations than PADI. They have some PDF worksheets and appendixes that I've downloaded, along with their books, which can explain gas calculations in a couple of pages, in an easily understood format, that I simply wasn't getting from the PADI encyclopedia.
you might try this, especially if you find the PADI material dry and difficult to read.

I doubt he will be using materials from PADI since the program is SDI.

Ok, I got dive physics down, it got so much easier to understand in the classroom. I also got the formula sheet which helps tremendously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom