Silicone bumper to Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the RealShine protector though admit first because of Covid travel shutdown, now airline seats doubling in cost, I have not actually used it extensively on a drive trip.

That said I researched alternatives that potentially are easier to remove without breakage where I found AMX's aluminum protector and Ocean's 3D printed with either TPU or a solid material. AMX's appears to only protect the bezel, while Ocean's is similar to RealShine where it covers a larger area of the Teric.

PROTECTOR TERIC

Shearwater Teric body protector - hard body 117 EOC-PRT-TERC Home Root E-OCEAN

While I have looked for a 3D model to print at home, if there is something on the Internet I haven't been able to find it.

While the AMX is imported by one US company the cost is too high to experiment, as well as the cost with shipping from France. Does anyone have experience with either of these options?

I have just received the aluminium one from France and it does not fit my teric. I would need to force it over the bezel and I am not willing to scratch it. I have emailed diveavenue and await a reply from them. Shame as it looks nice.

I have just received the aluminium one from France and it does not fit my teric. I would need to force it over the bezel and I am not willing to scratch it. I have emailed diveavenue and await a reply from them. Shame as it looks nice.

I was afraid of this where somewhere I read a person apparently had to force the protector onto the Teric. The manufacture might assume the protector will deform to fit and be left in place. That said I can only imagine corrosion over time though I haven't investigated how aluminum interacts with the bezel material in the presence of sea water.

Which leaves me looking at e-ocean's protector. It's ugly but likely to do the intended job of protecting the Teric. That said shipping cost to the US is absurd. Maybe I need to suck it up and try to design my own. I have a printer...

Attachments

• 74ACD6F6-C5E3-4C12-BD6F-A4F711D44803.png
    74ACD6F6-C5E3-4C12-BD6F-A4F711D44803.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 66
  • CD96EC71-E79E-4229-8F23-85340BA5F7E3.png
    CD96EC71-E79E-4229-8F23-85340BA5F7E3.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 58
I just picked up my brand new Shearwater Teric :)
Comes with a pre-installed glass protector.

However on both my first computer, a Suunto D4, and the following Oceanic OCi, I've been using Suunto silicone bumpers to prevent scratches on the watch itself. The Suunto bumpers fit on the Oceanic, but a bit stretched out. When I sold my Suunto, it may have been 9 years old, but still looked new since it had always had a bumper on it.

Now with the Teric, the Suunto silicone bumper does not fit at all.
I've been looking online, trying to find a silicone bumper that would fit the Teric...

Given the price of the computer, I would like to find a bumper that fits, keep it looking new and clean. But I can't find for Shearwater
Does anyone know of a silicone bumper for a larger computer that could work?
Try these..I have one, perfect fit and makes wearing it more comfy!

I just picked up my brand new Shearwater Teric :)
Comes with a pre-installed glass protector.

However on both my first computer, a Suunto D4, and the following Oceanic OCi, I've been using Suunto silicone bumpers to prevent scratches on the watch itself. The Suunto bumpers fit on the Oceanic, but a bit stretched out. When I sold my Suunto, it may have been 9 years old, but still looked new since it had always had a bumper on it.

Now with the Teric, the Suunto silicone bumper does not fit at all.
I've been looking online, trying to find a silicone bumper that would fit the Teric...

Given the price of the computer, I would like to find a bumper that fits, keep it looking new and clean. But I can't find for Shearwater
Does anyone know of a silicone bumper for a larger computer that could work?
Try these..I have one, perfect fit and the silicone makes wearing it very comfy too

Attachments

• 848DED02-5640-4A38-AE4F-02740765DD17.jpeg
    848DED02-5640-4A38-AE4F-02740765DD17.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 2C3875DA-4E58-4B36-BDE7-4BBADBBCE5C7.jpeg
    2C3875DA-4E58-4B36-BDE7-4BBADBBCE5C7.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 59
Try these..I have one, perfect fit and makes wearing it more comfy!

Try these..I have one, perfect fit and the silicone makes wearing it very comfy too

Can you charge it in the cradle with it installed or do you have to take it off to charge?

Can you charge it in the cradle with it installed or do you have to take it off to charge?
You would have to remove it to use the cradle however, it works through other touch charge-pads with the silicone on.

I purchased one of the above silicone protectors and I do not like it at all. I promptly sent it back. I provides virtually no protection to the front of the bezel or the screen, which is where most of the scratching occurs. For protection the AMX is much better.
Photos of the silicone cover and the AMX. The two ends of the silicone cover around the face are not held down? The AMX stands off from the bezel protecting the face and the bezel.

Attachments

• 20220907_152057.jpg
    20220907_152057.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220907_152203.jpg
    20220907_152203.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220907_153017.jpg
    20220907_153017.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 61
I have the silicone one too. Got it from Amazon for $20.

Makes the buttons a bit harder to use, but still OK. I can squeeze it into the charger, but prefer not to. I like the shock-absorbing nature of it compared to the hard covers.

I have the silicone one too. Got it from Amazon for $20.

Makes the buttons a bit harder to use, but still OK. I can squeeze it into the charger, but prefer not to. I like the shock-absorbing nature of it compared to the hard covers.
I love the silicone cover for my Perdix, and I agree, I like the shock absorption of the rubber, but I am still going to use the AMX on my Teric until a better fitting silicone cover is made that protects the bezel better. Just my $0.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom