Silicone Coated Webbing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grabby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have any experience with silicone coated webbing? I know of at least one company selling it for a BP/W, and since I am currently putting together my "dream" setup, was hoping to find out if it is worthwhile. I've found very little info, so any help is appreciated!

I purchased the Deep 6 harness setup because I was due for new webbing and they had 20% off. It is very easy to work with as far as threading and adding D rings. I have 3 dives with it and I am still trying to decide if I like it or not.

Pros: Dries very fast (wipe with towel and it's dry) - It is actually pretty comfortable and seems grip on my Drysuit better than the regular webbing

Cons: Maybe there is a special way to thread the buckle but.. When I thread my non buckle end through the buckle it grabs the webbing in the buckle and pulls it out. So I have to keep pressure on the lower one then pull it through. - Compared to my DSS webbing it is very floppy making it a little tougher to get into.

I think DSS has the best webbing after comparing to standard webbing from piranha and the Deep 6 silicone stuff. I just wish it was a little more flexible for adjustment and threading purposes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom