Similan & Phuket Diving (Pictures)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Have just finished another trip in the Andaman Sea, one week in the Similans and some "day" diving out of Phuket and would like to share some images & have a little fun :)

Ever wondered what is inside a GPF?
Koh_Doc_Mai_38_.jpg

The answer is surprising - MORE Ghost Pipe Fish
Koh_Doc_Mai_52_.jpg

Forget the Coral Bleaching, there appears to be a risk of "over cleaning" as well

Before
Koh_Doc_Mai_22_.jpg

After
Richilieu_Rock_9_.jpg

Using an SLR is great, except when.....

Taking some nice photos of HQ Shrimp
Richilieu_Rock_20a_.jpg

This turns up - and it's too big for my 70mm!
Richilieu_Rock_22_.jpg

Finally, for a few years I've never seen any Xeno Crabs in Thai waters. This trip I managed to find one in the Similans and four on local Phuket dive sites.
Phi-Phi_16a_.jpg

Hope You Enjoyed them.

Amazing photos.
The Ghost Pipefish, you found them at Richellieu Rock, right? I think I've met them there last month. :)
The manta ray seems to have a scar from a fishing line and that white moray is freaky, I know Thais are ga-ga about whitening creams but this takes the cake!

I have to look up those Xeno Crabs, never heard about them. When did they arrive to Planet Earth? :D

Once again GREAT pictures and a nice sense of humor with them BIGJeff!!

The GPF shot is pretty amazing.

Hip-Hip-Hurray!!!!

We did see GPF's at Richelieu, but he one in the picture is at Koh Doc Mai near Phuket.

At the moment, if you swim all the way round Koh Doc Mai you can see 9 of them (and that's just the ones I can find)

Here is a Richelieu one...

Richilieu_Rock_15a_.jpg

The Manta did not just have a scar, further along one wing it still had a hook and line attached.
Possibly one of the times you could justify touching the animal, if you were sure you could remove the hook, and if you were sure the other divers watching did not try and kill you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom