"similar" looking nudis ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
From a "hijack" in another thread ...

TSandM:
Not only is the eelgrass full of hooded nudis, but there's another type (that I think is a Flabellina, and Bob thinks is a Janolus) that is there quite literally by the hundreds. It's absolutely amazing!

Which one of these do you think the other type might be?

Janolus Fusca
nudidragon.jpg

Flabellina Fusca
DSCF0560.jpg

Hermissenda Crasicornis
070204.jpg

I think it most likely they were Hermissenda Crasicornis ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

Great pictures as always... Where do you get the information to identify the nudis?

How about identifying anemones?

I think it is the Hermissenda, but I'm not entirely sure. Guess I'll have to go back and check :)

countryboy:
Bob,

Great pictures as always... Where do you get the information to identify the nudis?

How about identifying anemones?
The most comprehensive resource I've seen for nudis is the sea slug forum stickied at the top of this forum. We also have some great local resources (Whelks to Whales, Pacific Coast Nudibranchs, seaotter.com, etc).

The local resources are usually also pretty good for anemones ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Diver Dennis:
Great shots Bob! That first one is amazing.
Thanks. Got a similar pose with a dendronotus (dalli, I think) this past week-end in the San Juan Islands. Might get a chance to put it up on the Photobucket site in the next day or so (I'm teaching this week and it's keeping me rather busy) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

They were definitely Hermissendas. They were all over again today, as well as a plethora of hooded nudis, and a LOT of swimming hooded nudis. A couple of alabasters, too . . . It was a nudibranch sort of dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom