SIN - MDC route?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't remember having to get one of those on my last two trips.
IE: the stamp in your passport.... At the moment they are not issuing them, tourists are not allowed into Indonesia at present. We are all hoping that will change by September though

I don't remember having to get one of those on my last two trips.

Just for clarification, even though you may want to visit travel Indonesia during this period, and you have all your flights and hotel in place, Indonesia will not currently allow you entry into the country.

Or, if your trip was today, you couldn’t go to even if you wanted to since the country of Indonesia wouldn’t allow you in.

Since your a fellow US citizen, it’s like our ban on China from entering the US.

If you Google “Bali reopening” you will find articles that Indonesia “hopes” to open in September.

For myself, we’re supposed to dive
Komodo later this year but as of now we’re in the same boat - we simply won’t be able to dive Indonesia until the country reopens due to COVID.

Note: I know you guys, yes, I understand Bali is not Manado (MDC) but I was trying to find a easy starting point/reference for Lisa. :)

Oops.....for Laurie! Not Lisa!

I should have waited until I was more awake.

My apologies!

My trip isn't until September, so I'm hoping the bans will be lifted by then. The main part of the trip is an underwater photography workshop held by Bluewater Photo, so they are coordinating everything except for my flights. I always do those myself.

If t
My trip isn't until September, so I'm hoping the bans will be lifted by then. The main part of the trip is an underwater photography workshop held by Bluewater Photo, so they are coordinating everything except for my flights. I always do those myself.
I wish you that all will go as planned and that you will have a great trip. But I am pretty sure that you will also keep an open mind that your trip cannot take place yet. Apart from the question how reliable the published numbers are, as long as they rise I highly doubt it if we will see foreign arrivals in Manado this year.

Scoot are currently selling flights (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat) from SIN to MDC from the 1st of August 2020.

Will they go ahead - who knows....

The listings for flights end on 1st November 2020, so maybe they only sell flights to MDC 3 months ahead of time.

Ah, thanks. Trip is April 2021.... allegedly. Curious as I was surprised that United is booking the LAX - SIN portion already (middle seats blocked, for now).

Of course since the EU may be banning us from travel other countries might follow suit, preventing us from going anywhere.

PM SeaWarden. He's an expert in these things. He's offered to help me and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you too.

Ah, thanks. Trip is April 2021.... allegedly. Curious as I was surprised that United is booking the LAX - SIN portion already (middle seats blocked, for now).

Of course since the EU may be banning us from travel other countries might follow suit, preventing us from going anywhere.
Tried to book for August. No flights available according the Scoot website.

Next bookable flight for Scoot is now 14th October 2020.

Looks like they are moving back all the time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom