• Welcome to ScubaBoard

  1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

    Benefits of registering include

    • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

    Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

SIN - MDC route?

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by ChrisM, Jun 19, 2020.

  1. Mike Veitch

    Mike Veitch Dive Charter

    IE: the stamp in your passport.... At the moment they are not issuing them, tourists are not allowed into Indonesia at present. We are all hoping that will change by September though
    Laurie S. likes this.
  2. Mr.Poseidon

    Mr.Poseidon Registered

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Central Texas

    Just for clarification, even though you may want to visit travel Indonesia during this period, and you have all your flights and hotel in place, Indonesia will not currently allow you entry into the country.

    Or, if your trip was today, you couldn’t go to even if you wanted to since the country of Indonesia wouldn’t allow you in.

    Since your a fellow US citizen, it’s like our ban on China from entering the US.

    If you Google “Bali reopening” you will find articles that Indonesia “hopes” to open in September.

    For myself, we’re supposed to dive
    Komodo later this year but as of now we’re in the same boat - we simply won’t be able to dive Indonesia until the country reopens due to COVID.

    Note: I know you guys, yes, I understand Bali is not Manado (MDC) but I was trying to find a easy starting point/reference for Lisa. :)
    Indah likes this.
  3. Mr.Poseidon

    Mr.Poseidon Registered

    # of Dives: 200 - 499
    Location: Central Texas
    Oops.....for Laurie! Not Lisa!

    I should have waited until I was more awake.

    My apologies!
  4. Laurie S.

    Laurie S. Assistant Instructor

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: Tucson, Arizona and San Carlos, Mexico
    My trip isn't until September, so I'm hoping the bans will be lifted by then. The main part of the trip is an underwater photography workshop held by Bluewater Photo, so they are coordinating everything except for my flights. I always do those myself.
  5. Indah

    Indah Contributor

    # of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Location: Weda, Lembeh and Rao Morotai
    If t
    I wish you that all will go as planned and that you will have a great trip. But I am pretty sure that you will also keep an open mind that your trip cannot take place yet. Apart from the question how reliable the published numbers are, as long as they rise I highly doubt it if we will see foreign arrivals in Manado this year.
  6. ChrisM

    ChrisM Solo Diver

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: Torrance, CA

    Ah, thanks. Trip is April 2021.... allegedly. Curious as I was surprised that United is booking the LAX - SIN portion already (middle seats blocked, for now).

    Of course since the EU may be banning us from travel other countries might follow suit, preventing us from going anywhere.
  7. scrane

    scrane Contributor

    # of Dives: 500 - 999
    Location: Boise, ID.
    PM SeaWarden. He's an expert in these things. He's offered to help me and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you too.
  8. Indah

    Indah Contributor

    # of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Location: Weda, Lembeh and Rao Morotai
    Tried to book for August. No flights available according the Scoot website.
  9. BigJeff

    BigJeff Contributor

    # of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Location: Wales
    Next bookable flight for Scoot is now 14th October 2020.

    Looks like they are moving back all the time...
  10. Dan

    Dan ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: Lake Jackson, Texas

Share This Page