http://www.diveheart.org/

Since we're in the donating mood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
Which organisation(s) would you suggest people support if they want to make a difference?

R..

Same as I said earlier: Only local shelters that actually do something to help animals that need it.

Diver0001:
Great Link, Dennis!

R..

No problem Rob. I think it's good for us to know where our money goes and before condemning a certain charity, look at the facts. This is a good thread and I know your intention was more to bring to light the cause of animal cruelty than any one charity.

Wayward Son:
Same as I said earlier: Only local shelters that actually do something to help animals that need it.

My apologies. You did mention this in post 15

Lisa, great posts.

R..

catherine96821:
PETA does good work.

I don't know if I agree with that 100% by any means.

i'm sure they do "some good" but they do more "harrasing" of people (hunters, fishermen, etc) than they do good. They are more into "self promoting" and getting themselves in the news than they are at to actually helping.

Also... they do some bad.

They destroy property because a hunter doesn't see things the same way they do.

They also kill animals. yep... that's right. PETA kills animals. I read somewhere a couple years ago that they(PETA) had euphanized 14,000 animals over the past 10 years.

Several of their employees have even been arrested for animal cruelty over the years. Most recently several PETA employees were caught dumping dead animals in shopping mall trash bins.

Like I said, they've lost focus of their cause.

I dont support PETA either. They put themselves over the animals and make godly decisions to choose what they will protect and that choice is often furry cuddly animals over slimy ugly critters.

I do my part by not wasting what I kill and not killing what I wont eat. I am a predator on the same level as other animal predators and I respect greatly nature and the animals and plants that give their lives so I can eat and live.

Lisa0825:
IMO, the best organization to support is your local NO-KILL shelter. Many SPCAs and Humane Societies are NOT no-kill. Research your local organizations, and help out one near you.
Tony LaRussa's ARF is a good Foundation, http://arf.mlblogs.com/

Hey Roturn, how will we ever choose what animals are more deserving? Won't that amount to a giant popularity contest? If someone thinks you're cuter and likes you better, you get more support than........oops. sorry. I think I read that on another thread somewhere.

They also kill animals. yep... that's right. PETA kills animals. I read somewhere a couple years ago that they(PETA) had euphanized 14,000 animals over the past 10 years.

well, for humane reasons?

I do not agree with many things PETA does, and I do not give them money. I think radical groups serve a purpose, in that they pursue avenues that perhaps a more moderate organization would not....like breaking in to laboratories with a video camera. No one person, no government, no organization is ever going to tell you the whole truth. You have to get the truth from as many different sources and sides as possible.

Let me ask this....Do you think we would know of certain occurences if PETA never came along? I don't. Who is going to tell you? Not the Humane Society. They clean up the truth before dishing it up for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom