Singapore Air flights cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot.

Yep, definitely looks like consolidation.
In my case, I was supposed to fly SFO > Singapore > Mumbai this week - the SFO > Singapore leg got moved to a completely different flight which landed after the connection to Mumbai took off and they didn't seem super interested in getting me confirmed tickets for the next leg. The options given to me were stand-bys on flights 12hr later or the same connection on the next day but still not confirmed. The ticket agent seemed almost relieved when I asked for a cancellation which they processed with all fees waived.
They're definitely hoping for cancellations and running fewer flights rather than angry overbooked passengers stranded at airports around there.

Officially, Indonesia is still FREE from this coronavirus!
Is SQ overly cautious and jump the gun or they know something that the Indonesian Gov won't admit?

Is SQ overly cautious and jump the gun or they know something that the Indonesian Gov won't admit?

I think it's likely a case of them having many seats that are going empty and not many bookings are being made so it's a bad business decision to continue with status quo. Optimization to minimize their operating/overhead costs makes sense.

There is a Chinese style meat market in Indonesia where anything goes ... its been doing the social media rounds of late - in fact it was being passed off as a Wuhan meat market. I wont rule out another epicenter for an outbreak arising out of there.

Some food for thought - New Research: Bats Harbor Hundreds Of Coronaviruses, And Spillovers Aren't Rare

P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom