Singapore Air flights cancelled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very tasty!

You are referring to the cat-size fruit-bat that eats fruits like mango and sleep by hanging upside down on jungle canopy branch.

Not uncommon to eat fruitbat at home or even in restaurants in the south Pacific islands, a usual island fare. We used to cook them civet style in Vanuatu braised into heavy sauce. Tasted like wild rabbit , quite nice.

Never had any flu epidemia of that sort in Oceania. Probably because it was game food eaten right away not displayed or sold into hygiena dubtious markets.

Reactions: Dan
If the bats are virus carrier then some of the local must have been exposed to it especially those who catch /cook them.
However, if the virus can NOT jump across from the bat to human being then catching/eating the animals should not post any health hazard.

Now I’m reading United also canceling certain routes to Singapore and other Asian destinations.

If the bats are virus carrier then some of the local must have been exposed to it especially those who catch /cook them.
However, if the virus can NOT jump across from the bat to human being then catching/eating the animals should not post any health hazard.
sorry, I think your logic is oversimplifying a complicated problem.

sorry, I think your logic is oversimplifying a complicated problem.
So you honestly believe that bats posted a threat to human beings?
This outbreak of coronavirus in human might have nothing to do with bats afterall!

BTW, bats are known to be Ebola carrier!

Just got a reminder from Singapore Air that everything for my trip from Seattle to Manado through Singapore next Saturday (3/7) is in order.

Aeroflot is cancelling flights to Bangkok. But Thai Air is still allowed to fly to Moscow from BKK. ....huh?

Just got a reminder from Singapore Air that everything for my trip from Seattle to Manado through Singapore next Saturday (3/7) is in order.

I’ll look forward to your report on return.

Now I’m reading United also canceling certain routes to Singapore and other Asian destinations.

United announced additional extended suspensions and reduction in capacity on certain routes yesterday. One that affects me is SFO to SIN direct. Instead of 2X flights per day, they are reducing to 1X per day. I called since they were still selling both all day after the announcement to see if my flight was affected. I noticed the wifi symbol on the morning flight was missing which was strange as the equipment is the same. The agent wasn’t able to confirm which flight would be cancelled and I said it was silly to announce if they didn’t know which one or weren’t ready to pull the flights for sale. We hung up and she ended up calling me back 15 minutes later. I was lucky to have reached such a nice agent. She said she did some more digging and confirmed the morning flights were going to be canceled. She happily moved me and I picked a new time/date for the evening flight.

I originally paid about $770 RT for my ticket and Mr. OOO paid about $650. (Separate reservations due to separate return dates.) Both of our original and new tickets were the same price at the time we were on the phone. After she moved us to the new flights, within the next hour, the canceled flights started to get removed from the system and could no longer be purchased. On my original date of departure, the direct flights skyrocketed to $1,800 for the night flight (12 hours after my original departure) and on my new day of departure (12 hours earlier than my original morning flight) it is now $1,100. I expected them to go up but not that much.

All of the other cheaper flight options (close to $900) now have stopovers and/or are with partner airlines through Taipei, South Korea, or Japan. This is a gateway hub airport, historically with a lot of competition on routes to Asia so these prices are higher than usual at $900 for stopover and insane for direct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom