single quick release on one shoulder strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could always cut a section of innertube like what's used to hold backup lights, just a little longer and pull it over the clasp of the buckle. Perhaps your diving is different then mine, but with the buckle in the right direction I don't see an entanglement concern.

Plug, I don't have QRs on my harness, but if I were to use them I would say start with them 6" apart. I would imagine you'd want them far enough apart to let you out easier but not far enough that it would cause your rig to come off if they accidently unclipped. I would start with just one and see if that works before trying two.

Just to say that I really LIKE the thinner, wobblier webbing. The stiff stuff gave me bruises on the insides of my arms, and it was very difficult to adjust if I went from cold to warm water. The wobbly stuff is more comfortable and far easier to adjust. I just have mine with the H's to the inside :)

I use two stainless steel twistlocks on the left shoulder strap. It would take an immense force to get them both to fail. I rarely use them, but they're there ... just in case.

TSandM:
Just to say that I really LIKE the thinner, wobblier webbing.
I like it much, much softer! The harness on my Deep Sea Supply is incredibly soft and supple.

NetDoc:
I like it much, much softer! The harness on my Deep Sea Supply is incredibly soft and supple.

Glad to hear your DSS Adjustable Pro-Fit harness is meeting your needs Pete.

We use a "soft edge" webbing on our adjustable harness, and resin reinforced webbing in our Hogarthian Kit's.

Tobin

Instead of making the shoulder straps have buckle(s), why not make the harness adjustable? -like the old basic plastic backpacks.

I added a stainless 2-inch oval ring to the waist area on each side of the plate which allows the should straps to expand by taking belt from the waist. I just losen the shoulder straps, put the tank on and then pull the waist strap to snug and then close the waist buckle. This means that I can use different exposure suits without any adjustment in the harness.

It seems so simple, why haven't I seen it recommended?

DumpsterDiver,

would it be possible to get a piture of that set-up? I have not seen that type of set-up before.

thanks
Plug

Thalassamania:
I use two stainless steel twistlocks on the left shoulder strap. It would take an immense force to get them both to fail. I rarely use them, but they're there ... just in case.

Do you mean twistlock carabiners? Can't picture how you have that hooked up, can you describe it?

/

No, twistlocks as used to be used on a wetsuit bevertail before velcro. If you need a photo I'll try and oblige.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom