Single tank backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankyou all, it seems that the most easy way for me to get what I looking for is to make one myself. :)

or buy a Freedom contour, I saw one for sale a couple month ago that i regret i did not buy.

Thankyou all, it seems that the most easy way for me to get what I looking for is to make one myself. :)

or buy a Freedom contour, I saw one for sale a couple month ago that i regret i did not buy.
I've got one. It's 2.22kg without a harness or wing. However, I thought you said in the first post that it was out of your price range. Also, there's usually a waiting list to get one. I think I waited 6 months?

I've got one. It's 2.22kg without a harness or wing. However, I thought you said in the first post that it was out of your price range. Also, there's usually a waiting list to get one. I think I waited 6 months?

2.22kg seems great, the plate i use today weights 2.8~2.9 kg without STA, i don't rely know what the STA weights, but probably at least 0.5kg more likely 1kg And today i feel a little to much whitout weights, if i can cut 1kg or little more its great.

Yea, i think it is out of my price range (i can maybe flex my price range a little), and as you say its wait list , but sometimes you find used things for a great price, i did 2 month ago, and regret i did not buy it.

Sam Miller III mentioned a backpack. I didn't look at it yet but that sounds like what I'm heading towards. They already have the single tank groove molded in and it only requires a single tank band and no crotch strap (at least I've never needed one) plus the harness is as simple-as-can-be. Since I like the weight of the SS backplate for trim etc I'm thinking about pouring about 5-8 lbs of buckshot inside a plastic backpack and seeing how that goes. I'll need to fill in the extra space with sand or something and it might be interesting taking it through airport security. I have a backpack that I attached about 6 pounds of lead to and like it a lot, except for the extra thickness that we are trying to avoid.

Golem Gear reverse-profile Stream dogbone plate: https://www.golemgear.com/p-243-golem-stream-backplate.asp
243.jpg

I've been thinking about giving one a try ...

I'm a bit late to the party, but if you're willing to pay the H tax, there's this plastic BP with weight pockets to consider.

It's made for single tanks, and you can load it with 4x4lbs weights so it becomes at least as negative as a steel BP with a weighted STA.

Halcyon has a carbon backplate with integrated single tank adapter, but you will need a wing with camband slots eg the traveller pro

Halcyon has a carbon backplate with integrated single tank adapter, but you will need a wing with camband slots eg the traveller pro
See the post above yours.

And according to H themself, it isn't carbon. It's nylon.

Back
Top Bottom