Singpore in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very tempting offer... I think I'm going to be completely skint by the end of the year,but would love to dive with you as I'm convinced you attract all those big creatures!!

Am trying to think of ways to get the cash together... At the mo' in Phuket - diving Koh Racha Yai tomorrow... supposed to dive Shark Pt, Anemone reef today but plans got buggered up... never mind - looking forward to tomorrow. Will write a report soon!

Gotta go - internet caf...

cheers all

Keralucu,

AliKat actually comes my first name (Alison; and I see we both spell it right, with one "L") and my middle name, (Kay). Since I'm also a cat lover, I changed the "y" to a "t".

Anyway, diving here is pretty good, except that there really are seasons here. I lived on Guam for a few years and was expecting more of that climate (85 and sunny with 82 water temp 365). Right now, its a little cold for me. I know, I know, there are other people on this board just shaking their heads at me, but what can I say, I'm part reptile. I DON'T like the cold!

Kate, sorry you won't be making it Oki this trip. I should be here another year if you (or anyone) is going to be making it out this way.

Hi AliKat, I have a friend who lives there & she needs a dive buddy :). Send me a private message & let's talk more.

-kate

Hi Folks

Can someone please suggest some LDS in Singapore. Will be poping by Singapore somewhere mid March and hoping to hunt down some equipemnt there.

Cheers..!

Hey there SaltyWhale... any eqpt in particular , brand ?

Btw ... any idea abt dive condition at Malaysia ; Aur, Tioman etc.

Hi Tribalshark

No brand in particular.......

Have a major spending problem when it comes to equipment purchase. I just call buying equipment a hobby now.

It's still in the monsson season now, can't do much on both the destinations. Comes March.......then it'll be great.

Feel free to drop me a note if you need more specific info.

Cheers..!

well hey guess what,

kate - in case you are on a budget or just interested to know - the new MRT (that's our local train system) station at Changi Airport is open, up and running! just checked it out and hey, it's really grand and fast! only takes about 30mins to reach town area, which is where most of the hotels are situated. cheaper than the cabs, but might be a wee bit inconvenient if you're lugging heavy stuff around. Great news for backpackers tho.

SaltyWhale,

You can try Scuba Corner if you dont mind second hand stuff. Some of my friends shop from Deep Blue, when they are having a sale there, prices can be quite attractive. Better put in a disclaimer here: i am in no way connected with the above-mentioned shops, nor will i be given any commision whatsoever for plugging sales! :wink:

i think there's another shop that sells stuff and relatively good prices, Dive Pretama or something like that - not even sure if i got the name right?

but seriously, if you are looking for Apeks regulators at a cheaper price, i know someone who can get it at a better rate than elsewhere. In fact, he has a spare Apeks 50 which i think he's willing to let go at a cheaper price. It's brand new, never been used before.

I always do my dive shopping at Paris, Lucky PLaza and John's shop just across. Prices arent exactly very cheap but they have stocks of quite a good range. Always good to look look see see and then compare prices. Always ask for a discounted price, coz what you see on the tag is not the "real" price.

tribalshark - i'm going to aur next weekend - even tho the conditions wont be perfect, but it'll be an adventure! who knows we might just get lucky with whale shark sightings????!!! :lol: i wish. anyway, join us if you'd like to go for a quick dip

Dive master pratama at Outram would be wat ADG is referin to.
They hv line of Seaquest, US Diver, Apeks , ikelite stuffs.
Dun know abt price though.

ADG , got a friend loking for reg Apeks good.
Can i get contact ?

I was juz at Lucky plaza over e wkend. Hmm... couple of dive
shops there . You gotta know wat you want n done yr homework before making your ways there.
Btw ... Oceanic @ Concourse may be worth checkin out .

Good for you ADG and good luck for trip. Was suppose be to
out in malaysia as well but something came up last min.
Prob 2wks later.

:wink: Cheerios

Thanks Asiandivergal & Tribal

Will go check these places out.

Cheers..!

Back
Top Bottom