Sinking a boat with minimal damage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should invite me over

After watching half a dozen or more boats sink the big issue you’ll have is getting it to sink where and how you want it. Ok I should explain I fish very rough water and we anchor short lines and very close together. There’s more to this story I’ll just state it’s very aggressive fishing here at times. I see a boat sink every few years. Most roll side to side then the rear sinks straight down at least in boats say under 25 feet. Some float belly up as well. Place your weights side to side with some in the center front to rear and start filling it with water when it’s sinking evenly but floating stop adding water tow it to where you want it and fill it with water you should be able to control the way it sinks like this remove all forms of flotation i would screw cylinder heads into the hull or floorboard easy enough to find easier to move into a boat than a block. Screwing then in place will keep them where you want them if it lists when sinking. Just grab some construction screws or lag bolts and your impact driver start screwing them in place.

Any report on this? I've been waiting breathlessly for a report

This has all the appearances of a youtube moment, or as we say down south

"Hold my beer and watch this shxt"

yes I sank one for training drill holes in the bow for air to get out put rocks in it pull the plug down she goes straight as an arrow

Say @JackOfDiamonds, what happened here?

Mostly a lot of senseless bureaucracy that has caused everything to be much more of a hassle than it should be (as in everything around here).

Also we were both drafted for reserves right after each other so it made it difficult to work together considering we couldn't even meet up.
He was gone for 3 months, I was gone for 2.

Add that to the Pandemic several months later (he has small children, i did not want to get close) and our little project was delayed a lot longer than we thought it would...

The house is finished, the pond is dug out. Problem is -

1) Get the boat with a crane to the site - very tricky due to the lay of the land, adjacent to some houses, one mistake and someone's house is gone, most crane companies I've spoken to were very reluctant on taking this job.
Also requires getting the permits for it.

2) Getting together to actually finish the pond and the sinking of the boat

3) Settling a dispute my friend has in court with one of the neighbours who took an issue with him renovating the place and wanting to have the pond.
She claimed we did not seal the pond off properly (which is ********) and therfore it will percolate into natural water reserves near the property and pollute them. The minute she did that we had the local water and wildlife authorities on our backs which was incredibly frustrating... (this lady is almost the ultimate Karen).

4) Add that to a positive COVID result from him and the need to be isolated and our dream pond seems to be on the verge of impossible..

For now the project is delayed about 4-5 months, it also cost my friend around 4,000$ more than what he planned on spending just because of the delays and hassles to get permits for EVERY SINGLE DAMN THING. (I HATE the local municipal... )

Sorry if i hadn't updated earlier, this whole ordeal is incredibly frustrating.

Mostly a lot of senseless bureaucracy that has caused everything to be much more of a hassle than it should be (as in everything around here).

Also we were both drafted for reserves right after each other so it made it difficult to work together considering we couldn't even meet up.
He was gone for 3 months, I was gone for 2.

Add that to the Pandemic several months later (he has small children, i did not want to get close) and our little project was delayed a lot longer than we thought it would...

The house is finished, the pond is dug out. Problem is -

1) Get the boat with a crane to the site - very tricky due to the lay of the land, adjacent to some houses, one mistake and someone's house is gone, most crane companies I've spoken to were very reluctant on taking this job.
Also requires getting the permits for it.

2) Getting together to actually finish the pond and the sinking of the boat

3) Settling a dispute my friend has in court with one of the neighbours who took an issue with him renovating the place and wanting to have the pond.
She claimed we did not seal the pond off properly (which is ********) and therfore it will percolate into natural water reserves near the property and pollute them. The minute she did that we had the local water and wildlife authorities on our backs which was incredibly frustrating... (this lady is almost the ultimate Karen).

4) Add that to a positive COVID result from him and the need to be isolated and our dream pond seems to be on the verge of impossible..

For now the project is delayed about 4-5 months, it also cost my friend around 4,000$ more than what he planned on spending just because of the delays and hassles to get permits for EVERY SINGLE DAMN THING. (I HATE the local municipal... )

Sorry if i hadn't updated earlier, this whole ordeal is incredibly frustrating.
Sorry to hear that Jack

Oh dear. How is your friend recovering from covid?

Is there no way to disassemble the boat and put it back together again in the pond?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom