sitech oval vs round quick cuff / quickneck vs neoprene neck seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef. Just saw your pm too. Thanks! Will be out of touch most of today but will reply soon.

Get the second generation SiTech neck ring - the Quick Neck. More flexible than what’s on your Fusion, but without the problems of the Orust.

Quick Neck Seal System

I had the Quick Neck on my previous suit.

Go for the SiTech oval rings. For drygloves, then use the Waterproof Ultima. The Ultima converts the oval rings to round, but they are smaller than the SiTech rings she currently has.
Seconded.

My current suit has the first generation SiTech neck seal ring, and I have some issues with it. It works, but it isn't optimal for me. My next suit will have the 2nd gen neck seal ring because the manufacturer apparently wasn't able to glue the 3rd gen ring onto the suit. The oval cuff rings are alluring, but don't ever go for the SiTech Antares glove rings. The Waterproof Ultima rings have the same circumference as the Antares, fit the "oval" suit PU rings and are several orders of magnitude better.

Reactions: Zef
I wish I had the Quick Neck on my Fusion. I suspect I will have to get the Neck Tite (first generation) ring removed and be stuck with a latex neck seal, if I want to be able to reach valves on my doubles. I have narrow shoulders and I suspect the neck ring is getting in the way. I’ll have to see after ITT in August, but I’m prepared to have to switch to latex.

I have the neck tite system on my fusion...I don't think Aqualung has made a running change as of yet. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that do not have a problem with it...I don't dive doubles though so I am not regularly reaching back to turn valves but I have reached back to mess with my single tank valve and did not find the neck ring was in the way. I also have no issues with my BP/W harness and the neck ring...I keep forgetting to focus on that when I am out diving but that may be a good sign that it just isn't an issue for me as if it was problematic it would stick out like a sore thumb.

The o-rust looks significantly more flexible than the quick neck...but I am not really an "early adopter" and there just isn't enough info available other than what I have already commented. But for those interested here is a picture I found that attempts to show the difference between the 3 neck systems si-tech makes/markets:

upload_2019-5-28_22-41-54.jpeg

-Z

4th element have a glove system being released this summer that is just like the Ultima system except that it maintains the oval shape of the wrist cuff.

Ben

Interesting! Thanks for posting.
Fourth Element announce Ellipse Dry Glove System
manufactured by SiTech

That is very interesting!

But, I noted this in the article:

When not using drygloves, the O-ring can be removed and replaced with a silicone band to protect the O-ring groove.

That is exactly one of the reasons I have posted that I think the Kubi rings are better. In the Kubi design, the sealing O-ring - that seals between the glove ring and suit ring - is on the glove ring. So, if you are not using the dry gloves, there is no O-ring exposed to potential damage.

Also, though the Kubi rings are round and not oval, they come in different sizes, so you can get ones that are just barely big enough for your hands (with glove liner on). Thus, they are not (necessarily) AS big/bulky as one-size-fits-all round rings, when you compare them against oval rings. I have pretty decent-sized hands and I use 80mm Kubi rings and they are not bad at all, bulk-wise.

Neoprene neck seals are fairly robust...if you find them comfortable and they keep you dry then go for it. But the smooth skin on neoprene seals is what allows them to make the seal against your skin, if that breaks down, and eventually it does, then you need that part replaced. That requires faffing around with solvents and glue by you if you DIY the repair or by a shop which takes time and costs money.

Not true - anymore.

@Dive Right In Scuba is now carrying the Waterproof replaceable Neoprene Neck Seal. It works with the Quick Neck (and other) replaceable seal system. You can now have your lunch and eat it, too.

Neoprene Neckseal

:D

@Zef, this might be just the ticket for your wife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom