SJCAM blues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks i bought myself an sjcam5000 wifi with a red filter. Is it just me but the stills i take are totally off! When i dive everything is brown! Horrible quality. Not even close to the quality of gopro.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Check the filter quality by testing it on a gopro. Brown sounds like nothing to do with sjcam5000 normal image. Post some photos without the filter as well as the setting you are using.

One thing to note. You get what you pay for +- a little marketing hype. They aren't comparable to a gopro and are not priced to be. I still have owned a dozen sjscam cameras of various breeds and they serve a purpose.

Regards,
Cameron

I don`t think it`s an issue with the SJ itself, though i never owned one. I have seen such footage from a friend who bought cheap filters for his gopro.
Good quality filters are thin and very clear. Cheap filters are more like a thick piece of plastic. If you got one of those... throw it in the trashcan.

I don`t think it`s an issue with the SJ itself, though i never owned one. I have seen such footage from a friend who bought cheap filters for his gopro.
Good quality filters are thin and very clear. Cheap filters are more like a thick piece of plastic. If you got one of those... throw it in the trashcan.

I was wondering about that. Will try another filter

Back
Top Bottom