SJCAM to SeaLife DC2000 and Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do think that lack of RAW is DC1400's biggest downside, so...

That particular shot was made without the strobes and on a pre-set WB, I was just pointing out that you can get a decent shot out of what you have, once you get the hang of it and if ambient light cooperates.

ah damn i missed that point about DC1400 lacking RAW else i may well have been tempted.

well having done a little more research i think i might well give the SJCAM another try using WB before i spend too much.

cannot thank you enough @dmaziuk - you really have saved me from a knee-jerk purchase (not that i would have regretted it im sure). but i have instead purchased a Garmin Fenix 5X that i have been wanting for months!

depending on my next dive photos tho - i may still end up buying a new camera - but at least i would have given my current one a fair go.

i will keep an eye on these forums just to see what else pops up in the meantime.

cheers.

Hehe. Sorry for talking you out of a new toy... but there's always another new toy to spend the cash on.

OP: Have you used a red filter on your SJ Cam? It works amazing - PM me and I will show you

On RAW for the DC2000 this is very slow - after taking one RAW image the camera cannot take another for 5 seconds or so. Hopefully they speed this up in a firmware update. I tend to use JPEG because of this.

That said the JPEGs from the camera do have a wide range to adjust in lightroom. Much better than JPEGs from my Pentax WG-1.

On RAW for the DC2000 this is very slow - after taking one RAW image the camera cannot take another for 5 seconds or so.

Out of curiosity, what memory card are you using and what resolution?

I found the software red filter embed in the camera (SJ5000 X Elite) to be enough if accompanied with a bit of color correction in post-production (depending on the depth, I normally use the color correction and color balance in Sony Vegas). Adding an additional layer of material in front of the camera (on this type of cameras) isn't gonna help the quality, especially when its case plastic (transparency and quality) isn't top notch.

i would love to try that next time @mcohen1021 - thanks heaps for the tip! do you have a particular way to fit it on to the outside of the SJCAM housing?

cheers.

here are a couple of my vacation videos from 2017. You can ffwd through the non scuba stuff, but you can see the quality of the video and pics I am getting.

Brac 2017:

Cozumel 2017 I

I will put my camera together tonight and post a pic. The red filter fits onto the housing by compression - and CAN fall off. I loop the filters cord through my floaty so it won't get lost when it falls off.

i would love to try that next time @mcohen1021 - thanks heaps for the tip! do you have a particular way to fit it on to the outside of the SJCAM housing?

cheers.

Also, on another note, I stopped using the SJCam software! Now I just pull the card and pop it into a laptop. MUCH MUCH MUCH faster!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom