Skinsuit bottoms...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Because I (unfortunately) cannot stay under water all the time, I need something for snorkeling. I have a couple of rashguard shirts, but need something on my bottom (an unfortunate sunburn made this VERY clear).

So, any suggestions for the lycra bottoms? Full leg? capri? stirrup/ankle straps?

I'd like something colorful. No need for warmth (I have a wetsuit for diving), this is strictly for snorkeling/burn prevention....

I have considered a full length stinger suit, but I'm concerned about bathroom breaks. I wear a two piece under my wetsuit for this reason...

My wife is looking for something similar, light/thin wetsuit or rashguard pants. Scubapro just came out with a new product for women. Don't see it on there website but saw it elsewhere - Scubapro T-Flex Legging Womens (UPF80). Also at Leisure pro (and elsewhere) you can find neosport xspan pants. Little more thermal protection than a rashguard. I have two xspan pieces and my only knock against the xspan is it is slow to dry and cold wet out of the water. Good luck.

My wife has bought numerous pairs of tops and bottoms from SwimOutlet.com and has been very happy with them. I think they call them swim tights on that website.

I have three pairs from Keys Life Apparel. I bought a pair at Quiesence in Largo then ordered two more pair. At Quiesence they have matching rash guards that don't appear on line. http://keyslifeperformancewear.com. The two I ordered were very tight around the waist, but I just slit the waist in several places. I was going to cut and resew but the cuts aren't running.

We also offer pants or tights that you may want to consider.

thanks!

Dano

Dive Skin Rashguard Pants | MAKO Spearguns

MDSRP-2T.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...itle_5?ie=UTF8&smid=A1CDEMRD7LDX1Q&th=1&psc=1

I have a pair of these and love them dearly. As you can see in my photo, I am a pasty white person who sunburns in approx 3 minutes, sun or shade. o_O These swim tights are pricy, but they fit well, flatter decently, the color is gorgeous, and they've held up pretty well. I'd say over the last 2 years I've probably worn them at least 20 times, both on their own and under a wetsuit (makes it slide on easily.) The only real wear I can see is where I brushed up against some rough concrete while walking and it's scuffed it a little bit. No biggie. You don't say how tall you are but I'm 5'9" with a 33-34ish inseam and these are a satisfying length for me. I like them so much I'm thinking about getting a second pair to alternate, but they are expensive. No I have not tried this brand's rash guard tops yet, I have a Billabong that I like, but same thing, thinking about it.

A company in the UK makes swim tights in a whale shark print. They’re gorgeous, but unfortunately seem to be sold out everywhere. :(

I've used workout leggings - try to get the sturdy, thick ones - from Marshalls or TJMaxx. Personally, I wouldn't use capri style because you'd risk having burnt calves. But that's a personal choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom