Sky Diving and then.. Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any prohibition against jumping out of plane and diving within a 24hr period. I don't even think the plane is pressurized.

I've gone sky diving then scuba diving in the same day w/o any issues.

You don't build up nitrogen in the blood from sky diving so scuba diving after is no prob (just like scuba diving the same day as your flight in is no problem from a nitrogen loading standpoint).

Hi Thor,

I have done this both recreationally (skydive and scuba dive within 24hrs) and militarily (parachute into the sea and dive on O2). As long as you jump first and scuba dive afterwards there is no issue. You can't do it the other way round though.

doesen't matter if pressurized, if you went diving then went above 1,000' it is considerd diving "than flying" take it from me (i have a Student pilot certificate aka 3rd class medical, and have done solo, and solo cross-country flights) i am currently working towards my Private Pliots license (i have 65 hours just waiting to turn 17) (dad is one of my instructors he has his ATP or Airline Transport Pilots License, and is a CFI, CFII, MEI), but expecially since your doing a jump above 10000' i presume (or 5,000' or less if your currently in skydiving classes for some jumps they requier toward the end a jump from 3000' or something) then diving then jumping is a a big mistake, and could even give you worse bends from jumping and increasing pressure so fast from your free fall once you reach terminal velocity....but Jumping than Diving..well.....GO FOR IT and have a ball

Thanks everyone. Yes I am Jumping first and then diving the next day. Can't wait. It's my first jump.

remember, If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: As they say, it's only the last few feet that hurt.

oh please my mom used to love skydiving (before she died...not from the sport but from...well it doesn't matter)....soaring with the eagles is amazing, just as peaceful as scuba....and the view is to die for.....lol.... well you take risks every day, whats life w/o some risk...my fav syaing is Face Your Fears, Live Your Dreams....don't worry you will love it, and assuming your doing a tandem jump...you will get a nice little log book and a certificate...(well i did at skydive chargio...don't ask how i did...ok... i had a fake ID) so if you wanted you can do classes, and get a license

Can I go??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom